Sean Fisher

I was really excited about his coverage potential from the LB position against the spread, but if he was to move anywhere I'd like to see him at free safety... Imagine that lanky 6'5" frame running a 4.6 40 back there? Wouldn't have to hit as much either...just a thought...

thats a good point but does he have the hips to be able to change direction that we need in a free safety? i dont know but i thought he was rumored to be there when we recruited him or played that in high school or somthing along those lines.

I was really excited about his coverage potential from the LB position against the spread, but if he was to move anywhere I'd like to see him at free safety... Imagine that lanky 6'5" frame running a 4.6 40 back there? Wouldn't have to hit as much either...just a thought...

thats a good point but does he have the hips to be able to change direction that we need in a free safety? i dont know but i thought he was rumored to be there when we recruited him or played that in high school or somthing along those lines.

Pretty sure he played DB in high school. I'd be terrified to throw any jump balls against a guy that tall.

Definitely wasn't impressed with Sean Fisher this year. I remember more than a few times watching him get faked out of his shoes when it was just him and the ballcarrier basically all alone in the open field. He was in position to make the play and ended up tackling air. Excites me the least out of all of our linebackers.

Yea, Sean definitely has some work to do during the offseason, but behind the main guys we have seen this season playing LB. I haven't heard too much excitement with the exception of Graham Stoddard and Eric Martin.

But looking at the rest of the LB corp, i cant say that i have heard these names hyped up in a conversation. Mitch Hron, Micah Kreikemeier, Tyrone Lewis, Thomas Grove. Never heard of them, don't know how good they are.

But i like Sean Fisher's size. Big tall LB like him, matching up against a big tall TE. Gotta love it.

I would say this, after reading all the posts:

1. He is a freshman, he will get better

2. Depth is great especially for things like special teams;imagine Sean not happy about not starting and being punt!

3. He saw playing time and now has experience...especially important in losing Dillard

4. He was inconsistent, for sure, but seeing how Bo turns out talent....

5. I've read he is a 4.0 type of guy, we need smarts as well as athleticism

Point being, i am a big fan of his UPSIDE...he will be just fine wherever they put him, as long as his attitude is right and he works hard. That seems to be about the #1 thing this staff rewards.

Fisher along with Compton and May will need to make HUGE strides over the Spring/Summer if they are going to be the players that Ekeler was telling us all last off season. Out of the three Compton is the closest to being “there”.

As far as Fisher goes I think the kid out grew playing in the back 7 on defenses because I think his height hinders his coordination and makes him clumsy. Also if he can’t put weight on he will get lost in the shuffle, especially if this staff keeps bringing in the LB’s that they are getting. He showed absolutely nothing this past season (yes I know he is a redshirt frosh) that would make you say wow or make you believe that one day it will just all click. His footwork is bad, his reaction time is bad and as was mentioned earlier his one on one tackling is lacking as well. Who knows though he may put it all together and be a force but IMO there are doubts :dunno