ESPN 1480 Changing Format

Three Eagles Communication has dropped sports talk in favor of oldies music at Lincoln radio station KLMS 1480 AM less than two weeks before the Super Bowl.

The Lincoln-based radio company issued a press release Tuesday, exclaiming "Lincoln's Music Station, 1480 KLMS is back!"

The new format, which will include music by such artists as the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Elton John, The Eagles and more, went on the air Tuesday, but officially kicks off at 10 a.m. Wednesday.

The new format will target adults 35 and older.

KLMS has been a sports talk station -- Lincoln's only one -- since 1997 and an ESPN affiliate since 2000.

LINK

Welcome to Lincoln, NE. The smallest big town in America. <_<

Three Eagles Communication has dropped sports talk in favor of oldies music at Lincoln radio station KLMS 1480 AM less than two weeks before the Super Bowl.

The Lincoln-based radio company issued a press release Tuesday, exclaiming "Lincoln's Music Station, 1480 KLMS is back!"

The new format, which will include music by such artists as the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Elton John, The Eagles and more, went on the air Tuesday, but officially kicks off at 10 a.m. Wednesday.

KLMS has been a sports talk station -- Lincoln's only one -- since 1997 and an ESPN affiliate since 2000.

LINK

That really sucks! :angry:

Now you know the 'real' reason for jettisoning their local on-air talent.

Over/under when they go bankrupt?

I listen to this station every day because my POS car barely gets 590 and 1620 when I am driving downtown (which is pretty much all the time.) Maybe the silver lining will be a new Lincoln sports radio station with LOCAL programming, I hate listening to NBA talk and I get all of my NFL information on ESPN and the internet. And as a follower of the spread radio show I have to say they got a lot better and for as much hate as Jason Peter gets sometimes I think he did a great job with "Nancy."

LINK

Lincoln is and always will be a town..... and nothing more.

I thought you said you lived in O-Town once. Musta been Billy Mays.

Regardless, Lincoln is a nice town, but provincial. If it wasn't for this University, which all the nitwits who comment on the JournalStar site hate, this town would have three stoplights and the state capital building. Omaha has a buzz that Lincoln doesn't even grasp. This format change is just another example.

Regardless, Lincoln is a nice town, but provincial. If it wasn't for this University, which all the nitwits who comment on the JournalStar site hate, this town would have three stoplights and the state capital building. Omaha has a buzz that Lincoln doesn't even grasp. This format change is just another example.

I grew up in Omaha.

Billy might be buried in Omaha. But he's not living there.

I grew up in Omaha.

Billy might be buried in Omaha. But he's not living there.

I was going to post something about this but I didn't really know which forum to throw it in.

Anyways, I find this rather ridiculous. First the Spread gets cancelled and now this. When I'm at school in Lincoln 1620 doesn't always come through so I end up listening to 1480. This is a bummer.