Asante and Dillard

mitch7

Solid article supporting Asante & Dillard. I completely agree that both would be steals if they're drafted where currently projected. Dillard seems like he could have a Scott Shanle-esque impact on whatever team he lands. He just seems like the prototype NFL LB with good speed, great tackling skills & technique, plus he is very well conditioned.

Asante could definitely do some damage because the skill, the durability & the fire are all there. The one thing that might push him back is that he sometimes isn't the smartest player. In his sr. season, you could count on him for two things every game - hard hitting & a bad penalty.

When has Dillard had good speed?

I don't know - I guess I'm just thinking back to last year when he was in the doghouse and we were all saying he was the slowest LB we had.

I hope they both do great. Dillard has probably physically improved under S&C, and has been a playmaker. Asante is supposedly an impressive physical talent whose light in the head has gone on...I hope they both see a future in the NFL.

When has Dillard had good speed?

He displayed much better speed this year, as opposed to last year (as you hinted at). There were several times (one swing pass comes to mind against Texas I believe) where he seemed like a missile on his way to the ball. It surprised me.

While he isn't ever going to be the fastest LB on the roster, he is adequate and developed a nose for the ball. I doubt he sees a pro bowl, but he will find a spot in the NFL for a few years.