I've had bad experiences with Dell as well. I was angry for awhile . . . now I just figured I got what I paid for.

exactly. The way Dell can keep their prices so low is by introducing you with TONS of bulk-ware. The moment you start up your first brand new Dell you'll notice you have like 100's of programs already installed on the thing. Your computer is a walking advertisement.

That, and for $300 you get the barebones of a computer (lots come with only 256-512MB of RAM...barely enough for the OS to function).

regarding the people hacking Apple products, that will always happen no matter what the manufacture. If a human can build it...a human can always hack it. It's that simple.

A good thing to do the minute you get a new computer is reformat and reinstall Windows. Ends up with nothing but bare bones. Make sure you have downloaded all the drivers you'll need beforehand.

Well, it's not an issue of credibility. It's an issue of misplaced elitism that some Mac users display. Even some that actually have a functioning PC in their house. Hypocrisy is a very bad quality in a person.

Hypocrisy? Because I have a functioning PC and a functioning Mac in my house and I prefer the Mac that is hypocritical? That's odd. I've owned a Ford, a Chevy, and a Nissan . . . and I prefer the Nissan. That doesn't mean that I'm a hypocrite.

I didn't call you a hypocrite. You've not displayed any of the elitism I've been talking about. If I was calling you a hypocrite or an elitist, I'd just say it straight up.

Edit - To further explain, in case it's not clear, there are some people who will go around extolling the virtues of Mac's, how great they are, how stupid anyone is for using Windows, and so on. These people are elitists because they feel they are better than those bottom feeders who don't use a Mac. That goes far beyond simply preferring Macs to PC's. But that doesn't make a person a hypocrite. But those who go around being elitist like I described AND have a functioning PC in their house are hypocrites (as are most people who are elitist about anything).

I think if you are looking around(and not looking too hard) you will find people like this on both sides. I work with a guy who acts this way when he talks about the superiority of PCs. I don't think that you should make a decision about how you feel towards a product based on the annoyingness of the products fanboys.

I don't think anyone here is.