I'd have to disagree there. I don't care for Jobs or the way he (Apple) goes about handling things. I get by just fine with competing products and don't have to put up with Apple's bullsh#t (or what I see as bullsh#t).

That's fine. I'm not sure why there is such animosity between PC fans and Apple fans. I had PCs for years but I've been an Apple fan for the last 2 years. Can't we all just get along? :)

I'd have to disagree there. I don't care for Jobs or the way he (Apple) goes about handling things. I get by just fine with competing products and don't have to put up with Apple's bullsh#t (or what I see as bullsh#t).

That's fine. I'm not sure why there is such animosity between PC fans and Apple fans. I had PCs for years but I've been an Apple fan for the last 2 years. Can't we all just get along? :)

Well, that's basically the same as the nvidia/ati debates. For the most part it's just uninformed people being childish. Apple computers have their advantages and disadvantages, just like Windows based PC's. And now you'd really have to throw certain distros of Linux into the mix. There are good reasons to have an Apple computer if you do certain things (though I think Windows has closed the gap some even there), PC's for others, and Linux for others.

That has never been my problem with Apple.

I have a couple of Macs at home, but I have no desire to own one of these things. The iPad does not allow for multitasking, so you can't listen to Pandora while you browse the web, it doesn't run flash, no camera so no video conferencing with this thing...

It's a firstgen product that looks nice, but I'll wait until they get these things ironed out before I consider buying one.

Well, that's basically the same as the nvidia/ati debates. For the most part it's just uninformed people being childish. Apple computers have their advantages and disadvantages, just like Windows based PC's. And now you'd really have to throw certain distros of Linux into the mix. There are good reasons to have an Apple computer if you do certain things (though I think Windows has closed the gap some even there), PC's for others, and Linux for others.

That has never been my problem with Apple.

Im 27 and have never even owned an iPod. Ive got plenty of nice electronic gadgets, just never wanted anything to do with them. Dont know why really. I have seen my sister and dad stare curiously at multiple dead iPods and trudge out to get a new one...more than once each. That doesnt help.

I have a couple of Macs at home, but I have no desire to own one of these things. The iPad does not allow for multitasking, so you can't listen to Pandora while you browse the web, it doesn't run flash, no camera so no video conferencing with this thing...

It's a firstgen product that looks nice, but I'll wait until they get these things ironed out before I consider buying one.

Are you sure? I haven't read that anywhere. I know that is the case with the iPhone and iPod Touch but hadn't seen anything confirmed about the iPad.

Im 27 and have never even owned an iPod. Ive got plenty of nice electronic gadgets, just never wanted anything to do with them. Dont know why really. I have seen my sister and dad stare curiously at multiple dead iPods and trudge out to get a new one...more than once each. That doesnt help.

That's weird. I had an iPod nano for 3 years and an iPod Touch for 2 years . . . and had no problems with either. Still have both and they both still work great. Hmmm...