Who is your favorite Nebraska RB?

ESPY

My favorite Nebraska running back is Ahman Green. When I was a kid growing up he was absolutely amazing to watch!!! I was very fortunate to have come into Nebraska football at the height of it's greatness.

A close second for me would have to be Porkchop Ross. Such a solid shifty runner on such a relatively small, low to the ground frame.. He made some of the Callahan folly fun to watch.

I almost killed Calvin Jones.

I was late getting to a volleyball match and I was flying down 10th street past the stadium. As I was driving past the cars parked next to the West Stadium this guy steps out between two cars right into the street. I slam my brakes and the car nosed down, and as he's walking past the front of my car I look up, he looks at me, and it's Calvin Jones.

Think of how fast I would have been lynched by the entire state if I'd have hit him. :o

:cowbell::hellloooo:angry::madash:steam

Why no love for Thunder Collins. :sarcasm

With out a doubt my favorite husker is Green one of my first husker memories was a 53 yard touchdown run against Colorado on the first offensive play.

I second that memory. That game couldn't have started any better.

The Blackshirts force a punt on the Buffs' 1st possession, and the punt takes a Nebraska bounce to the 47. The dominant Husker offense trots onto the field & into its traditional powerhouse run formation. Knowing full well the option was coming, the Buffs show themselves powerless to stop it, as Green gets the toss & flies down the sideline untouched for 6.

Needless to say, the game was over right then and there.

Was that the game where Osborne mentioned afterward that they had seen something on film, and he wouldn't be surprised if we scored on the first play? I know he said that on the Tom Osborne Show once, and I know it was against Colorado.

That play was run from North to South, and we ran it off the left side of our formation, so the RB was running down the East sideline to the end zone, yes? I'm just about positive that's the play. It sticks out because Tom never said things like "we thought we could score on the first play." He was always saying how Middle Directional State Tech was a really tough team and we'd have to play four quarters, then we'd pound them 70-10.

I don't remember for sure if that was the game TO said we could score on the first play. Actually, I was thinking it was our first offensive play in the '89 game vs CU - screen pass to Carpenter who galloped 51 yards for the TD.

And yes, Ahman's TD was down the East sideline on the option left strong side. Oh & quick correction on what I said earlier. It was a 57-yard TD, not 53. Either way, :koolaid2:

I don't remember for sure if that was the game TO said we could score on the first play. Actually, I was thinking it was our first offensive play in the '89 game vs CU - screen pass to Carpenter who galloped 51 yards for the TD.

And yes, Ahman's TD was down the East sideline on the option left strong side. Oh & quick correction on what I said earlier. It was a 57-yard TD, not 53. Either way, :koolaid2:

I think that's the game I'm thinking of. I thought it was a pass, not a run.

EDIT - actually, that's not the game. The game I'm thinking of was played in Lincoln.

Why no love for Thunder Collins. :sarcasm

With out a doubt my favorite husker is Green one of my first husker memories was a 53 yard touchdown run against Colorado on the first offensive play.

I second that memory. That game couldn't have started any better.

The Blackshirts force a punt on the Buffs' 1st possession, and the punt takes a Nebraska bounce to the 47. The dominant Husker offense trots onto the field & into its traditional powerhouse run formation. Knowing full well the option was coming, the Buffs show themselves powerless to stop it, as Green gets the toss & flies down the sideline untouched for 6.

Needless to say, the game was over right then and there.

Was that the game where Osborne mentioned afterward that they had seen something on film, and he wouldn't be surprised if we scored on the first play? I know he said that on the Tom Osborne Show once, and I know it was against Colorado.

That play was run from North to South, and we ran it off the left side of our formation, so the RB was running down the East sideline to the end zone, yes? I'm just about positive that's the play. It sticks out because Tom never said things like "we thought we could score on the first play." He was always saying how Middle Directional State Tech was a really tough team and we'd have to play four quarters, then we'd pound them 70-10.

Definitely one of my favorite highlights. It was off of a brand new formation that Nebraska had never used before called the L-set. It was similar to the full house or Oz-bone set, but two receivers split out wide instead of double tight ends being in the game.. Then, a simple speed option to the left executed perfectly resulted in our score.

EDIT - actually, that's not the game. The game I'm thinking of was played in Lincoln.

I think your thinking of the run Calvin Jones had if I remember right. It was the first time Nebraska was in the Maryland I and they pitched it to calvin who just ran down the sideline for 50 or so yards. Colorado never saw that formation from Nebraska before so they werent sure what was going on.

I think your thinking of the run Calvin Jones had if I remember right. It was the first time Nebraska was in the Maryland I and they pitched it to calvin who just ran down the sideline for 50 or so yards. Colorado never saw that formation from Nebraska before so they werent sure what was going on.

What year was that? Any idea?

I think this is the game you're referring to - homecoming Halloween night 1992, both teams ranked #8, and we dominated to the tune of 52-7. And you might just find that Calvin Jones run in this highlight.

That's not the game. I was at that game - it was A BLAST.

The game I'm thinking of was played in the daylight.

I think this is the game you're referring to - homecoming Halloween night 1992, both teams ranked #8, and we dominated to the tune of 52-7. And you might just find that Calvin Jones run in this highlight.

That's not the game. I was at that game - it was A BLAST.

The game I'm thinking of was played in the daylight.

Found the play it was Ahman green first play went for 57 yards in Colorado 1994. Was the game where Frazier almost got tackled but had enough strength to throw the ball to Green on the sideline. I was right about the Maryland I just wrong player. It's around the 7th run in his highlight video.