Spring game tix sold

C N Red

I think they always were in the East and West for quite awhile, and then the endzones were GA. But something tells me that there was some issues with that, you know, fights, etc. with people trying to fit too many people in a row and what not. So, I think they decided to go to all reserved to make things less tense and either you have a ticket for the seat or you don't.

I can't remember the last spring game I went to for sure but it was GA in the endzones and the place was full. I think that got more people to the game because now people don't want to buy the row 90 tix, but then it was first come first serve so people bought a GA ticket and hoped to get there in time for a decent seat.

I think they always were in the East and West for quite awhile, and then the endzones were GA. But something tells me that there was some issues with that, you know, fights, etc. with people trying to fit too many people in a row and what not. So, I think they decided to go to all reserved to make things less tense and either you have a ticket for the seat or you don't.

I could see some of the season ticket holders putting their imput on this as well. I could see a season ticket holder going to the spring game to find someone else sitting in their seats and making a fuss about it. Not sure if thats the case, its just a theory.

I could see some of the season ticket holders putting their imput on this as well. I could see a season ticket holder going to the spring game to find someone else sitting in their seats and making a fuss about it. Not sure if thats the case, its just a theory.

I have no right to "my' seats for the spring game. Cant get them through the regular season ticket process. I can recall some season ticket holders having issue with this some time ago, and the universities stance seemed to be firmly in keeping the spring game seperate, and easily accessible the the entire public.

While it would be nice to have dibs on my season ticket seats, I can understand UNL's stance on this. There are probably quite a few families that would never be able to afford the $50-$100 apiece for regular season tickets. The spring game gives everyone a chance to see their huskers for a reasonable price. I can respect that. They should keep it public.

As far as charging for the tickets. As already said, between complaints of inadequate seating/cramming sardine-style, and the possibility of more income for the university, its pretty much a win-win for the school. Figure 60,000 or so sold tickets gets 600 grand plus concessions, and its a nice little money maker. I mean, if we show we're willing to pay, why not charge, right?

Plus, its gotta look good to recruits that we can sell out a spring scrimmage.

• Fire 2

While it would be nice to have dibs on my season ticket seats, I can understand UNL's stance on this. There are probably quite a few families that would never be able to afford the $50-$100 apiece for regular season tickets. The spring game gives everyone a chance to see their huskers for a reasonable price. I can respect that. They should keep it public.

As far as charging for the tickets. As already said, between complaints of inadequate seating/cramming sardine-style, and the possibility of more income for the university, its pretty much a win-win for the school. Figure 60,000 or so sold tickets gets 600 grand plus concessions, and its a nice little money maker. I mean, if we show we're willing to pay, why not charge, right?

Plus, its gotta look good to recruits that we can sell out a spring scrimmage.

+1.

Good post and good point about keeping it affordable for families that otherwise don't get to see Husker games.