Bo' Pelini's Recruiting Press Conference

Fuzzy

Really good video on Huskers.com with Bo's comments on the recruiting class. Bo did mention that Bronson Marsh was recruited to be a DB, particularly Safety. So him being QB is out of the question unless Bo moves him there. Then there was the issue with of the greyshirt that he didn't go into.

But what might've been the biggest the cause of alarm, Bo's comment on some players not coming back next year due to medical issues that he would not go into about.....

Bo also gave some insight on Zac's recovery, looks like he is not going to be ready for the beginning of spring ball, Bo doesn't know if he will be back for the latter half spring ball. He also commented that Thenarse is back, whether or not he will be ready for spring ball is still unclear.

Really good video on Huskers.com with Bo's comments on the recruiting class. Bo did mention that Bronson Marsh was recruited to be a DB, particularly Safety. So him being QB is out of the question unless Bo moves him there. Then there was the issue with of the greyshirt that he didn't go into.

But what might've been the biggest the cause of alarm, Bo's comment on some players not coming back next year due to medical issues that he would not go into about.....

Bo also gave some insight on Zac's recovery, looks like he is not going to be ready for the beginning of spring ball, Bo doesn't know if he will be back for the latter half spring ball. He also commented that Thenarse is back, whether or not he will be ready for spring ball is still unclear.

That is alarming. I wonder who it could be? I sure hope it isnt Helu. I dont have any ideas as to who else had a severe enough injury to be out for that long.

What about Spano? I haven't heard much about his recovery.

Pelini and staff has been saying that Spano will be ready to practice in Spring ball, so I would assume he won't be leaving.

Helu is probably staying. As far as we know, his only major injury was that shoulder. My buddy talked to Helu the other day in class, and Helu told him that he's getting much better and he's excited for winter conditioning. Helu also said as much on USC a week or two ago in an interview.

The only guy with an injury that could seriously effect the rest of his life is actually Burkhead. That fracture in his foot, if not healed correctly, can result in long term damage that he wouldn't be able to play on football with. The coaches said he was ready to play, but we also heard them say Spano was full go and then he tore his ACL again.

Just speculating. I believe Burkhead's foot is just fine, but he's really the only player that comes to mind that had an injury that could seriously effect things for years to come.

The only guy with an injury that could seriously effect the rest of his life is actually Burkhead. That fracture in his foot, if not healed correctly, can result in long term damage that he wouldn't be able to play on football with. The coaches said he was ready to play, but we also heard them say Spano was full go and then he tore his ACL again.

Just speculating. I believe Burkhead's foot is just fine, but he's really the only player that comes to mind that had an injury that could seriously effect things for years to come.

This is an odd speculation considering the fact that he averaged 17 carries the last three games of the season, with some pretty marked success. Burkhead isn't even on my concern radar at this point.

Maybe Bo's talking about guys like Burkes and Blake Lawrence.

This is an odd speculation considering the fact that he averaged 17 carries the last three games of the season, with some pretty marked success. Burkhead isn't even on my concern radar at this point.

I sure hope you're right. We need a good clean spring and fall if we want to make a run at the BCS.

Well like I said, it's just speculation only because I can't think of anybody else who would be a concern.

I'm pretty sure Pelini said Burkes was off the team, and Lawrence remained on the team as a sort of "coach" for the team, but because of his concussions I'm 99.9% sure his days of playing football are completely over. He has had too many concussions to risk playing.

Ted Gilmore gives a player breakdown and highlight of each recruit we took this year and where they stand on the team and future.

http://www.huskers.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=100&id=691025&DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=&SPID=&DB_OEM_ID=100

Jeff Jamrog breaks down walk on recruits. And yes, he does mention Mark Pelini.

http://www.huskers.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=100&id=691025&DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=&SPID=&DB_OEM_ID=100