Do they all qualify?

Heard only needs to improve one point. So that is good.

:yeah

Heard needs a point or two on his ACT. He last took it at the beginning of his junior year. He is also in a private schools setting so I am not at all worried. There is NO other academic risk in this class. I dont even view Heard as a risk. Everyone will make it.

Ouch. Isn't the cutoff for UNL a 19 on the ACT?

That doesn't matter. It's a sliding scale for athletes, regular admission guidelines for traditional students do not apply to our football program or any athletes. Our department just refers to NCAA guidelines for participation. If you're good enough and academically qualify, we'll take you- despite possibly being on the bottom rung academic wise.

Additionally, the ACT isn't a composite score average that is counted, it's the sum of the sections. So if a student scores a 19,17,12,25 on the 4 sections of the act, his composite is 18.25 rounded to 18. However, the NCAA counts it as a 73 cumulative score. According to the NCAA with this score an athlete needs atleast a 2.350 GPA in order to qualify. Conversely, if a student has cumulative score on the act of 37 in all 4 sections (around 9.25 per section avg) a student needs a 3.550 or above GPA. At a 3.0 GPA an athlete must have a cumulative ACT of 52 or a composite score of 13. I heard he needs a 17 on his ACT which according to the NCAA guidelines would place him between 2.5 - 2.52 high school GPA

If only there were a forum to discuss things like recruiting.... <_<

Ah! But they are no longer recruits, are they? Now they are just Husker football players.

This.

I'm assuming our Huskerboard coaches made sure all of their players qualified too...right? :sarcasm

I'm assuming our Huskerboard coaches made sure all of their players qualified too...right?

Yes. Everyone was given the choice of a runza or a cheese runza. Those who chose cheese runzas were beaten about the head and shoulders with Terrell Farley's used tube socks until they came to their senses.

I'm assuming our Huskerboard coaches made sure all of their players qualified too...right?

Yes. Everyone was given the choice of a runza or a cheese runza. Those who chose cheese runzas were beaten about the head and shoulders with Terrell Farley's used tube socks until they came to their senses.

Damn - I have other college clothing in my closet and I prefer cheese runza's. uh oh!

• Fire 1