Twelve Most Valuable NCAA teams

Link here

At first glance, it probably seems strange to see a Nebraska team rank so high on this list. A state which sells t-shirts that proudly exclaim “Nebraska – We Got Nothin” doesn’t exactly smack of athletic excellence or acclaim. However, the Cornhuskers are actually the fourth most valuable college football team in America, turning a $49 million profit on a $93 million total value. Loyalty is also alive and well at the school. According to Forbes, “donations required by Nebraska for season ticket holders to keep their seats totaled $15 million last season.” Head coach Bo Pelini is the 25th highest paid coach in college football, earning just a shade over $1.8 million per season.

Be sure to check out the Sooners as well, seems the editor forgot that the Sooners don't wear burnt orange.

Now finding out that this is a copy from the Forbes listing with some douche writing his own little BS about teams. The guy is actually not very well informed. Mods go ahead and delete if you want.

Forget any opinions this Forbes writer expresses about the teams on this list. The only thing we need to see are the numbers. IMO this article shows concrete evidence of the incredible loyalty of Husker Nation :power

I think the biggest surprise on this list was South Carolina b/c they're the one team that's never done anything to be considered a traditonal winner like the rest of the schools listed.

Admittedly I'm not at all surprised to see Texas' huge stake on this list. Now when I say "stick it to the man," I actually mean :hookerhorns

However, the salary is being paid from (UT) athletics department revenue, which “receives no government or institutional support and has transferred more than $6.6 million to the university since the 2005-06 fiscal year.”

No gov’t support for UT athletics?? Pffffft. The state of Tejas granted a couple of million acres of worthless West Texas land to UT way back whenever. Then they struck oil. The proceeds from this--the Permanent University Fund (PUF)--gave the Whornes the largest endowment of any public school in America. I'd say that is quite a bit of support.

However, the salary is being paid from (UT) athletics department revenue, which “receives no government or institutional support and has transferred more than $6.6 million to the university since the 2005-06 fiscal year.”

No gov’t support for UT athletics?? Pffffft. The state of Tejas granted a couple of million acres of worthless West Texas land to UT way back whenever. Then they struck oil. The proceeds from this--the Permanent University Fund (PUF)--gave the Whornes the largest endowment of any public school in America. I'd say that is quite a bit of support.

Thanks for the education. I just figured they were their own country.

I see what you saying here; but the land was given to the school not to the athletic department.

haha i love that there's a buch of USC fans ranting about how they didn't make the cut on the comment section at the bottom of the article!!! CHEATERS!!! HAHA!!! :LOLtartar

:lol: Stupid people. They have no reason to rant. LA has two major college programs in the city. They share a fanbase, and everyone there is a Laker fan first and foremost. Who gives a damn about a USC hat when you can get one that is purple and yellow, from a team that has more titles?

That is where teams like Notre Dame have more value. Every catholic in the country is a ND fan. Penn St has the entire state of Pennsylvania, with Pitt being a distant second. Nebraksa is the only major team of any kind anywhere near Nebraska, and Texas is Texas. USC ain't there yet.