Prediction Time - 2010 North Division

ESPY

I think the vast majority in this forum will pick NU to win the north division in 2010 (I'm one of 'em). But, I'm interested to see how you think the rest of the division will pan out.

After taking a look at each team's schedule, I think we'll see the following standings when the dust settles in 2010...

1) Nebraska - favorable schedule, lots of returning starters, strong defense & coaching will lead the way

2) Missouri - schedule is just as favorable as Huskers, experienced QB in Gabbert, several returning starters on D

3) Kansas St - another favorable schedule, solid running attack, good coaching, hungry after '09 results

4) Kansas - fairly difficult schedule, new coach, losing several key players

5) Colorado - tough schedule, coach on the ropes, team has talent & lots to prove, capable of a couple upsets

6) Iowa St - tough schedule (especially vs south division foes), decent D, offense & coach won't be enough to win the big games

IMO if Huskers lose 2 Big 12 games this year, I think Mizzou will take the division 'cause their easy sched puts KSU's to shame.

1. Nebraska: The offense should be able to average over twenty points a game and that will be more than enough to win all the big twelve north games.

2. Misery: I hate to say it but B. Gabbert scares the crap out of me. He will make there offense tick for the next few years.

3. K-State: Snyder is one of my favorite coaches in history who didn't coach for Nebraska he will have a decent team and could possibly challenge MU.

4. Iowa State: I don't really have any reason for ranking them here besides a gut feeling that they could be decent and the rest of the north is pretty bad.

5. Kansas: They will play in some close games because Gill will have them playing really hard but they just dont scare me on either side of the ball.

6. Colorado: I hate them almost more than texas and will be happy to see them terrible.

As a side note I generally root for every north team in all non conference games except misery and CU i hate them with all my heart.

MIZZOU KSTATE KANSAS IOWA ST CU NU

Ill (St. Louis) UCLA NDSU N ILLINOIS co state W KY

MCNEESE ST. MISSOURI ST GA TECH iowa cal IDAHO

SDSU iowa state so. Miss kstate HAWAI'I washington

MIAMI OH CENTRAL FL NMSU N IOWA bye SDSU

bye bye baylor TT GEORGIA bye

CU NU bye UTAH mizzou kstate

a&m ku KSTATE ou BAYLOR TEXAS

OU baylor A&M texas TT okstate

nu OK STATE iowa st KU ou MIZZOU

tt TEXAS CU NU ku iowa st

KSTATE mizzou nu cu IOWA ST KU

iowa state cu OK STATE MIZZOU KSTATE a&m

Kansas (KC) north texas Mizzou (KC) nu CU

I realize they may be just a mess for some people, but I had to list all schedules next to each other to get an idea of how teams stack up. if it's a jumbled mess for you, sorry - skip over it - but this helps me compare the teams and i thot it may help others who don't want to take the time to look up each schedule

:o:laughpound :laughpound :laughpound:ahhhhhhhh

MIZZOU KSTATE KANSAS IOWA ST CU NU

Ill (St. Louis) UCLA NDSU N ILLINOIS co state W KY

MCNEESE ST. MISSOURI ST GA TECH iowa cal IDAHO

SDSU iowa state so. Miss kstate HAWAI'I washington

MIAMI OH CENTRAL FL NMSU N IOWA bye SDSU

bye bye baylor TT GEORGIA bye

CU NU bye UTAH mizzou kstate

a&m ku KSTATE ou BAYLOR TEXAS

OU baylor A&M texas TT okstate

nu OK STATE iowa st KU ou MIZZOU

tt TEXAS CU NU ku iowa st

KSTATE mizzou nu cu IOWA ST KU

iowa state cu OK STATE MIZZOU KSTATE a&m

Kansas (KC) north texas Mizzou (KC) nu CU

I realize they may be just a mess for some people, but I had to list all schedules next to each other to get an idea of how teams stack up. if it's a jumbled mess for you, sorry - skip over it - but this helps me compare the teams and i thot it may help others who don't want to take the time to look up each schedule

NE...... WKY IDAHO washington SDSU bye kstate TEXAS okstate MIZZOU iowa st KU a&m CU

MIZZOU.. ill MCNEESE ST SDSU MIAMI OH bye CU a&m OU nu tt KSTATE iowa st ku (kc)

KSTATE.. UCLA MO ST iowa st CENTRAL FL bye NU ku baylor OK STATE TEXAS mizzou cu n texas

KANSAS.. NDSU GA TECH so miss NMSU baylor bye KSTATE A&M iowa st CU nu OKSTATE mizzou (kc)

IOWA ST. N ILL iowa kstate N IOWA TT UTAH ou texas KU NU cu MIZZOU

CU...... co st cal HAWAI'I bye GEORGIA mizzou BAYLOR TT ou ku IOWA ST KSTATE nu

ok still not gettin it so i'll give up and just give my predictions.

1. NU - all the reasons that have been discussed over and over on here. (and assuming the boys don't drop one or two they shouldn't, a loss to mizzou or ksu early on really scares me)

2. MU - as much as i really, really hate to say it, they could be good. they had a disappointing year last year but i honestly think they could respond with a strong year. gabbert is good, no matter how much i hate him

3. Kansas - simply because of scheduling. Kstate has NU, OK State, Texas at home and every other big xii game is on the road. Kansas has Kstate, a&m, Colorado at home, not easy but easier than bill snyder and co.

4. Kstate - see kansas

5. Iowa State - Paul Rhodes looks like he's as good a hire as cyclone fans could have hoped for, unfortunately for them their cupboards are bare and I don't know if they'll ever be full. I think they'll be good and scarey in years to come, but it's still ISU

6. Colorado - I thought about putting them 7th. People can play the "they-have-talent-and-a-coach-on-the-ropes-which-makes-them-dangerous" card, but it's what people have been saying the last two years and look what they have done.

• Fire 1

MU doesnt scare me in the least. i think people(esp Bo) are starting to figure out the spread.

iowa state didn't scare me in the least last year. i realize it was a fluke and i'm not saying your confidence is unfounded, i'm just ready to be done with these years of having to worry about slipping up. unfortunately i don't know if we're quite to the point where we can mark down a W in pen before actually playing the game, especially against divisional foes, and i would give the mizzou the best chance to be that slip up for NU

MU doesnt scare me in the least. i think people(esp Bo) are starting to figure out the spread.

iowa state didn't scare me in the least last year. i realize it was a fluke and i'm not saying your confidence is unfounded, i'm just ready to be done with these years of having to worry about slipping up. unfortunately i don't know if we're quite to the point where we can mark down a W in pen before actually playing the game, especially against divisional foes, and i would give the mizzou the best chance to be that slip up for NU

Yeah, ISU was a freak accident of monumental proportions.

fluke games happen...there is nothing you can do about that. but imo mu just doesnt match up with us at all. kind of like how we didnt match up with them when cally was here. but yeah anything can happen. if we are going by those standards western kentucky scares me