Nebraska vs K-State

Man that was an incredible comeback just not enough in the end. This team can really shoot. Just wish the officials didn't call so many fouls against us at the biginning of the second half when it didn't really matter. I think we could have won this game if we had more team chemistry. I think toward the the end of the gamewe started playing as one which is a good sign but sadly it is the 26th game of the year. Now lets go beat them Tigers!! :w00t:w00t

Man that was an incredible comeback just not enough in the end. This team can really shoot. Just wish the officials didn't call so many fouls against us at the biginning of the second half when it didn't really matter. I think we could have won this game if we had more team chemistry. I think toward the the end of the gamewe started playing as one which is a good sign but sadly it is the 26th game of the year. Now lets go beat them Tigers!! :w00t:w00t

i'm not sure what you mean by team chemistry. I've been to every home game and watched all others on tv or listened to them if they were not on, I think the team gets along great. In fact, a couple players and maybe even doc have said the great thing about this team is they have fun together, always joking around together before and after practices (don't think doc allows it DURING practice!) and hanging out together outside of bball. If you mean they don't always seem to be on the same page, that could be doc's fault cause he's always changing the rotation and distributing minutes differently from game to game. either way i'm with you: let's beat the sh*t out of the tigers and end with a bit of a run here.

i'm not sure what you mean by team chemistry. I've been to every home game and watched all others on tv or listened to them if they were not on, I think the team gets along great. In fact, a couple players and maybe even doc have said the great thing about this team is they have fun together, always joking around together before and after practices (don't think doc allows it DURING practice!) and hanging out together outside of bball. If you mean they don't always seem to be on the same page, that could be doc's fault cause he's always changing the rotation and distributing minutes differently from game to game. either way i'm with you: let's beat the sh*t out of the tigers and end with a bit of a run here.

Yeah when I said team chemistry I meant not being on the same page and throwing the ball away. Should have used a different phrase.

Also to sum up the game I was really impressed with Anderson and Jeter. Anderson ended up up with 22 and Jeter had 12 along with 11 assists.

On the other hand I am really starting to doubt Diaz more and more. Didn't score once and only had 2 rebounds. He turned the ball other a few times as well. Just not powerful and physical enough.

the play from the big men is really frustrating. like redout22 said, diaz is looking horrible lately after having a pretty decent game against ku. i absolutely hate ubel but i do have to give him some credit for playing better lately, dude has a soft touch but like diaz he is just so weak and they are both extremely prone to turnovers and don't rebound well considering their heighth. QHC is a beast and does a decent job of going up strong and getting fouled, but his free throws are atrocious. give QHC the touch of ubel and diaz, or give the two string-beans the thickness/aggresiveness of QHC and you have a great player. (side note: that guy may be on the bench, from the way it sounds, in Niemann. however, the way things are going he'll probably never even see the floor). if doc could just get one of those big men to play consistently this team could really turn the corner...Lord knows we have plenty of guards that can shoot the three ball.

These refs went from questionable to absolutelt aweful and are blowing the game. Yeah Doc deserved the T but the refs deserved to be yelled and screamed at. K-State on an 11-0 run. Have to do something to stop them.

Deserve to get screamed at? I think he was just asking when the 5 second rule was changed to 4. I've never ever seen such a thing. Pretty funny how Henry started his dribble right as the whistle was blown. Common sense says 5 second calls are only called after the dribble is picked, looked pretty obvious Sek knew how much time he had and that was an extremely fast 5 seconds. Bottom line is just like in any other basketball game, refs have to protect the Big 12's top seeds. This year that's KSU KU and TexASS

As young as this team is, they're not horrible. They're OK. I hate to say this, but maybe next year with some maturity and added strength/bulk, these guys can contend.

I'm with you. I really, really, really don't want to say it because I have been saying it for several years now, but... I think they could be pretty solid next year. Again, I'm absolutely sick and tired of the "next year" bs, BUT if you truly watched the games this year it appears they have the makings to become a real-life, honest-to-goodness, division i basketball team. They can't just wait for next year tho, if they are to get good, they need to be doing a lot of off-season work

As young as this team is, they're not horrible. They're OK. I hate to say this, but maybe next year with some maturity and added strength/bulk, these guys can contend.

This excuse grows tiresome in my eyes. Many a fan said this team was young last year, young the year before, young the year before, etc. etc. While they are obviously a young team in terms of age, pretty soon this reasoning is going to run it's course. Doc's job is 100% safe come season end, but with what he has coming back next year, that will be the deciding year imho. If he can't get into at least the top 6 or 7 of the Big 12, I'd say he may be on his way out of here.

The most disappointing aspect of the game last night was Nebraska's inability, once again, to finish a game. Fouls and mental errors have cost them a lot of games this year and has led to them getting only one conference win. I know Nebraska isn't a powerhouse basketball program, but we sure play like we don't belong in the Big 12 in basketball.

I'm with you. I really, really, really don't want to say it because I have been saying it for several years now, but... I think they could be pretty solid next year. Again, I'm absolutely sick and tired of the "next year" bs, BUT if you truly watched the games this year it appears they have the makings to become a real-life, honest-to-goodness, division i basketball team. They can't just wait for next year tho, if they are to get good, they need to be doing a lot of off-season work

I honestly see us making the NCAA tournament in two years easily as long as we keep any transfers from happening. Having Diaz, Standhardinger, Bear, B Rich, Ray Ray, Mike Fox, and Holley as juniors and seniors will make us a serious contender.

It seems like the "they could be good next year" song and dance has been said for the last decade.