Matt Hayes of The Sporting News picks Nebraska as his BCS sleeper pick for 2010

Nexus

Give me a sleeper team for the next year's BCS National Championship game.

Curtis: Oklahoma. Remember these guys? A slew of injuries relegated the perennial Big 12 championship contenders to the middle of the conference standings last season. This year, the positive consequences of those injuries might show themselves. Landry Jones has 12 full games of experience and showed by season's end he can throw near an elite level. A whole set of skill players come back, and the defense returns seven starters. The non-conference schedule brings Florida State and Cincinnati, but there's nothing insurmountable for the Sooners.

Hayes: The college game has never been more wide open. Don't automatically pencil in Alabama -- any team that loses nine starters on defense (including a handful of key leaders) will struggle in big road games, especially in the SEC. A team from the Tide's own division (Arkansas) is among a handful that could make it to Glendale, Ariz. Others: Miami, Wisconsin and Iowa. But I'm going with Nebraska, which will have one of the nation's top five defenses and a favorable schedule ( its toughest non-conference game is at Washington; Texas visits Lincoln).

LINK

Very nice :koolaid2:

all this hype gets me nervous... while i like the whole under the radar i wish they were an under the rader under the radar type of team if that makes sense...... hype can be fatal... i just hope that we can get around all this buzz and not slip or stumble like many others do... i'm sure bo is using this as motivtion also.. both the positives and negatives....

I'm really starting to think that the national media is nothing more than a bunch of waterheads. For the most part, none of them saw this team except for the Texas and Zona games. Don't kid yourself, all these big predictions are based upon what they saw in TWO GAMES. Just like no one outside of the Big 12 knew a thing about Suh until the almighty ESPN hype machine got all over him. This is the same thing.

Very nice :koolaid2:

all this hype gets me nervous... while i like the whole under the radar i wish they were an under the rader under the radar type of team if that makes sense...... hype can be fatal... i just hope that we can get around all this buzz and not slip or stumble like many others do... i'm sure bo is using this as motivtion also.. both the positives and negatives....

I kind of agree, especially because nobody on the team has experience dealing with this type of hype.

I'm really starting to think that the national media is nothing more than a bunch of waterheads. For the most part, none of them saw this team except for the Texas and Zona games. Don't kid yourself, all these big predictions are based upon what they saw in TWO GAMES. Just like no one outside of the Big 12 knew a thing about Suh until the almighty ESPN hype machine got all over him. This is the same thing.

I know exactly what you mean. Where I work, there are some folks that do sports for two large radio stations in the NYC area. After the UT game, I got a phone call at home asking me how to pronounce Suh's first name.