Recipe Advice - Mealtoaf

Bradr

Hey Roxy (or anyone else on here!), I'm looking for advice on starches to use in my meatloaf. I've always used progresso bread crumbs, but recently saw a recipe on the side of my whole grain oats cannister. This got me thinking about alternative recipes.

Anyone out there use anything special, or have something they recommend? What do the different ingredients do to texture/flavor? (PS - I like my meatloaf fairly "smooth" in texture, so no big chunks of home dried bread for me)

Thanks!

Hey Roxy (or anyone else on here!), I'm looking for advice on starches to use in my meatloaf. I've always used progresso bread crumbs, but recently saw a recipe on the side of my whole grain oats cannister. This got me thinking about alternative recipes.

Anyone out there use anything special, or have something they recommend? What do the different ingredients do to texture/flavor? (PS - I like my meatloaf fairly "smooth" in texture, so no big chunks of home dried bread for me)

Thanks!

I use cracker crumbs, like what you'd use to bread pork tenderloins. But my real secret is to use Heinz chili sauce instead of ketchup.

I once used up some slightly stale tortilla chips that I got (too much of) from Costco.

Gave it a slight Tamale taste..Next time I'll try to remember to add more Cumin.

Just about any thing from the bread family should work..and in your case, just make it finer by crumbling up into a food processor or maybe a blender. :dunno