Cornhusker Cable Network?

Nexus

I'm surprised more teams haven't looked into getting their own "Internet Chanels".

Something similar to Justin.tv..or http://wwitv.com/.

You can attract a worldwide audience instead of just regional.

I'd love to be able to see the Tom Osb..er..Bo Show..or is it just the "Nebraska after game special" where they'd show film of the previous game and have coaches comments on the plays and the upcoming opponents?

Can't you plug in today's big screen tvs into your computer?

Let the networks keep their "reality TV".

If I was the Big XII I'd push hard to try to get a deal done with NBC. Right now the only college football games that NBC plays are Notre Dame games, which Notre Dame hasn't been able to produce for NBC. To be the only school with a deal with NBC is kind of ridiculous. Sure it was viable when they were averaging 9 or 10 wins a season throughout the 90s and then the early 00s, but they haven't done anything in a while. A Big XII NBC deal in 2012 will force Notre Dame to look more seriously about joining the Big 10, giving the Big 10 their conference championship.

Add to that the 4 major networks would each have at least one BCS conference games exclusively. (CBS the SEC, ESPN/ABC the Big 10, Fox Sports the Pac 10 (though that's split between them and ESPN/ABC), then in the future NBC the Big XII)

I think if we're going to see something really big with College Football (whether it goes to a playoff or not and what's going to happen with BCS conference expansion) will be decided during the 2012 season. Why? Because everyone's TV deals expire at that time.

A Big12/NBC relationship seems appealing on the surface, but something to consider is that NBC would be far from a stable business partner at this point. And after the 100 or so million dollar loss they are expected to eat by airing the Olympics, they probably won't be throwing a lot of money around to anyone in the near future. (Unless your name is Jay Leno of course.)

I think the biggest problem for the Big12 is that their TV deal is with FSN and not FOX, (Nice job Kevin Weiberg! :thumbs ) so a majority of Big12 conference games are relegated to some grainy feed on channel 800 somewhere, and that's only for those who have satellite or digital cable and the FSN package for that region. What I would like to see is FOX step up and air CFB games nationally on saturdays but my guess would be that they have most of their money already invested in their NFL, MLB, and the BCS contracts. So it would appear the Big12 is S.O.L. for the time being.

I think the big twelve should think more outside of the box. What about tbs tnt or versus. I realize those are not giant tv networks but my guess is football would boost their ratings. Having a big twelve network would be nice but I don't see that happening. Espn is out, fox is out, cbs is out, and I really doubt nbc will spend much money. I don't care what channel the games are on as long as they are on.

I think the big twelve should think more outside of the box. What about tbs tnt or versus. I realize those are not giant tv networks but my guess is football would boost their ratings. Having a big twelve network would be nice but I don't see that happening. Espn is out, fox is out, cbs is out, and I really doubt nbc will spend much money. I don't care what channel the games are on as long as they are on.

We used to have games on TBS. What happened to those?

We used to have games on TBS. What happened to those?

When Time/Warner took over Turner Broadcasting (TBS, TNT) the whole direction of sports programming took a turn. Now they just broadcast MLB games to coincide with their Braves contract.

A football contract with Versus would be worthless, because they are not carried nationwide. Until they can get back on Direct TV programming with their 14 million subscribers, this is just not a viable option.

We need a nationwide channel to get into all the other conferences, that is what made the TBS deal so great. They were a popular channel with a nationwide audience, and they were located deep in SEC, ACC, and Big East country.

If I was the Big XII I'd push hard to try to get a deal done with NBC. Right now the only college football games that NBC plays are Notre Dame games, which Notre Dame hasn't been able to produce for NBC. To be the only school with a deal with NBC is kind of ridiculous. Sure it was viable when they were averaging 9 or 10 wins a season throughout the 90s and then the early 00s, but they haven't done anything in a while. A Big XII NBC deal in 2012 will force Notre Dame to look more seriously about joining the Big 10, giving the Big 10 their conference championship.

Add to that the 4 major networks would each have at least one BCS conference games exclusively. (CBS the SEC, ESPN/ABC the Big 10, Fox Sports the Pac 10 (though that's split between them and ESPN/ABC), then in the future NBC the Big XII)

I think if we're going to see something really big with College Football (whether it goes to a playoff or not and what's going to happen with BCS conference expansion) will be decided during the 2012 season. Why? Because everyone's TV deals expire at that time.

A Big12/NBC relationship seems appealing on the surface, but something to consider is that NBC would be far from a stable business partner at this point. And after the 100 or so million dollar loss they are expected to eat by airing the Olympics, they probably won't be throwing a lot of money around to anyone in the near future. (Unless your name is Jay Leno of course.)

I think the biggest problem for the Big12 is that their TV deal is with FSN and not FOX, (Nice job Kevin Weiberg! :thumbs ) so a majority of Big12 conference games are relegated to some grainy feed on channel 800 somewhere, and that's only for those who have satellite or digital cable and the FSN package for that region. What I would like to see is FOX step up and air CFB games nationally on saturdays but my guess would be that they have most of their money already invested in their the NFL, MLB, and the BCS contracts. So it would appear the Big12 is S.O.L. for the time being.

Not to mention, I personally wouldnt want my Huskers to have anything to do with with that worthless network of liberal crap pies.