Mens Bobsled Team features former NU player

Not sure if anyone else caught it last night during the Olympics (or if it's already been discussed..), but the brake-man for the Mens team is a former NU football player

Curt Tomasevicz earned his bachelor and master's of science degree in electrical engineering with a minor in astronomy from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. He was named an Academic All Big XII in 2002 and played football for the Cornhuskers from 2000-03.

Curt Tomasevicz

:woo I happen to know Curt personally. He grew up in Shelby, NE a town of 690 people just 7 miles from me. I too am from a very small town where everyone knows everyone. Im actually only two years older than Curt and spent a lot of time around the guy in highschool. Curt is about the best guy you could meet. One of the nice guys that would do anything for anyone. Congrats to him and team USA 1 in night train on bringing home a gold medal. Also no Nebraska born and raised athlete has ever won a medal of any kind in the Olympics, let alone a gold medal! I was in Shelby last night to watch the 3rd and 4th bobsled runs. They had quite the party at the local 2 bars in town. Just crazy to see a guy you grew up around on TV with a gold medal wrapped around his neck! Congrats Curt!

:woo I happen to know Curt personally. He grew up in Shelby, NE a town of 690 people just 7 miles from me. I too am from a very small town where everyone knows everyone. Im actually only two years older than Curt and spent a lot of time around the guy in highschool. Curt is about the best guy you could meet. One of the nice guys that would do anything for anyone. Congrats to him and team USA 1 in night train on bringing home a gold medal. Also no Nebraska born and raised athlete has ever won a medal of any kind in the Olympics, let alone a gold medal! I was in Shelby last night to watch the 3rd and 4th bobsled runs. They had quite the party at the local 2 bars in town. Just crazy to see a guy you grew up around on TV with a gold medal wrapped around his neck! Congrats Curt!

love it love it love it.

the realist in me knows that there are a lot of people out there that are physically capable of winning a gold medal...no sweat.

actually training for it, living it, and going for it is an entirely different beast, and that is what makes an Olympian an Olympian...its not just being born the best, but having the determination to make sure you are PROVING IT. And thats the hardest part of all.

Curt proves every single bit of this, umm, "it." What a great representative that should be promoted even more. A true Nebraskan that never quit,and surely never accepted 'no.'

Im lucky, if you will, to have perspective on this sort of thing. I guarantee I was cheering just as loud for Curt as anyone from his hometown. My sister is chasing this very dream, and its a whole different beast to want to show the world youre the best. Shes turned down multiple scholarship track offers to chase her dream of speed skating. Look at sports like curling...the US team lives together in an apartment (one being married) for crying out loud! They chased their dream though...no one can take that away from them. Some lose sight of the true beauty of the Olympics that way. I liked watching the USA vs Canada hockey, I guess...but it wasnt the same. There is a reason the miracle on ice was a 'miracle.'