Neb vs. FS game 3

if mike anderson wants to keep his job, he better put newman on a short leash. i know i know, young pitchers galore on this team, but does anyone really want to suffer through another season of decent offense but continually having pitchers throw the game away? i know i dont

They just need a little zone control when throwing the ball. That will come as the season progresses. Lots of games left.

This game may wind up having no bearing on the rest of the season, but I don't know how long to apply the "never been outdoors" rationale (I'll be nice and give it until March 1st).

granted they were dealing with some wet conditions, and the outdoors thing probably had an effect on belfonte letting that ball get by him in the outfield, but i don't believe this is a good excuse for the pitching which is what's hurting this team right now. playing catch is playing catch, indoors or out (i assume they have mounds indoorsc, i guess i don't know for sure). as i was typing this i remembered they did have a few errors, so i suppose you're right, this excuse could work...

I'll give them the outdoors thing until we go to UCLA.. by then, 3rd weekend in, we should be clicking.. this is hard having STUPID pitching mistakes give away games 1 and 3 in this series.. very rough. Especially being Nesseth.. Guy was supposed to anchor this year.. Still early, no reason to kick it in after 3 games. It's good to see DJ clicking again this year after a couple of down past 2 years.. really need him at the top of the line up to click.. Farst and Bailey will be there throughout the year. After Haupt's performance today I'm pretty sure we'll see him in the rotation at some point.. I really want to see Lemke throw, if he doesn't tomorrow then idk what. On to tomorrow..

• Fire 1