WR Depth Concerns

LeFlore is injured. Fluellen is injured. Brooks is . . . well, you get the picture. I know we've got enough guys to throw out there against Maine, but it seems like we won't see the true electricity of the receiving corps for a while. Does this make the "Bowman in the slot" theory a reality? Any thoughts on that as well as any injury news would be welcome as I think of the different ways that Zac Taylor may have to settle with average options for a couple weeks.

IMHO Bowman is just too valuable in the defensive secondary and not likely to go both ways, few if any players at the college level can do that.....even though the WR position maybe weak, we have some other weapons to develop and you can bet ol Cally is looking at his options right now (no, not the QB option!), knowing the WR's could be a weakness in the attack......this is where we see his coaching ability, to see him adapt his offensive strategy to fit what healthy players he has to fit into the system......it is the mark of a good coach

hunter

IMHO Bowman is just too valuable in the defensive secondary and not likely to go both ways, few if any players at the college level can do that.....even though the WR position maybe weak, we have some other weapons to develop and you can bet ol Cally is looking at his options right now (no, not the QB option!), knowing the WR's could be a weakness in the attack......this is where we see his coaching ability, to see him adapt his offensive strategy to fit what healthy players he has to fit into the system......it is the mark of a good coach

hunter

I haven't seen Bowman on the offensive side yet. Reports had him over there a bit. He may have to wait until he understands the defense first.

Anyone else worried? 

1. Pilk

2. Hunter

3. Herian

4. Franklin

5. Leflore

6. Brooks

7. Spain

8. Birkel

9. Fluellen

NONE ARE IN A NEBRAKSA UNIFORM RIGHT NOW

Brooks and Frantz will make up for the departure of pilkington

Hunter never played, so i dont really consider him a loss

Herian is expected to be back by the Iowa St game

Franklin who? The guy who signed with OSU?

Leflore and "The Flu" said they were doing good and will be back within 2 weeks. They both played last year so they are still ahead of the game. It's not like they are coming in with no knowledge of the offense.

Brooks will be back by the second game most likely from what it sounds like

As far as Spain, see hunter above

Andy Birkle? Please tell me you did not just mention him in that same sentence with the other guys? I will forgive you for that mistake

FluEllen-See Leflore above