Nebraska's Most Important Rivalries

Manhattan

Which of the following rivalries are most important?  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Iowa State sucked last year, sure... but by the time the end of the year and bigger games rolled around, it was history. Texas STUNG. Still Stings. We lose to Indiana in the Big 10, theres your Iowa State. We lose to Iowa...ho ho ho...merry christmas and live with it, and with THEM, until the next match up.

P.S.-once again, that losing to Iowa would be a step back proves that we have this subversive dislike built in for them, that we HAVE to just be better than them and they dont stack up, no matter what...they went to a BCS game last year! 2 since we have! Yet it would still be a step back? Spock is not happy somewhere in the galaxy...too much kool-aid?

go look on the rivals main board, and youll see the simmering, back burner rivalry thats constantly brewing between Iowa and Nebraska fans in threads all over. Its there folks...with Iowa, not with these other schools. Deny it all you want. Im not just spouting off.

How did the emphasis shift from Oklahoma to Missouri? The sheer polarity of the responses to the first question suggest that the Oklahoma rivalry is very important, yet not important enough to take a back-seat to Missouri?

Its the classic gray hair vs young gun. Down in front vs stand up and shout. People pining for the past vs those living in the present.

How did the emphasis shift from Oklahoma to Missouri? The sheer polarity of the responses to the first question suggest that the Oklahoma rivalry is very important, yet not important enough to take a back-seat to Missouri?

Its the classic gray hair vs young gun. Down in front vs stand up and shout. People pining for the past vs those living in the present.

I think it has more to do with fans retaliating against the forces of evil that took away half or our chances at another "Game of the Century" with OU...And left us without a real rival.

So mmmtodd, which one are you again?

Pining for a rivalry? Any rivalry..No matter the consequences? Or lack of a current history? Or probable detriment to our image? ...(too much?) :LOLtartar

I guess I'm still trying to figure out why you have such a hard-on for Iowa..Aren't we doing enough community service by playing Iowa State every year (Sorry Cy..just trying to make a weak point sound more better).

Is it because you're exposed to more Iowa fans than me? I've met fans from almost every other Big-Televen team out here...except Iowa..And I'm still not convinced they really exist.

But before you translate my subtle trash talk into a deep seated hate for everything Hawkeye. Your blatant campaigning for them as a rival reeks way more of the "Colorado as a rival" that they tried to push down our throats.

I don't mean to single you out..There seem to be several that feel the same way you do..I'm just trying to understand. :cheers

In all honesty..Iowa had a good team last year..They might even be favored in a head to head matchup against us this upcoming season..

But they haven't reached the point as a program yet, to where I'd feel all that excited about beating them.

go look on the rivals main board, and youll see the simmering, back burner rivalry thats constantly brewing between Iowa and Nebraska fans in threads all over. Its there folks...with Iowa, not with these other schools. Deny it all you want. Im not just spouting off.

The reason it's not there with Penn State, Michigan and Ohio State is because Nebraska is not in the Big Ten. Now if some hell freezing over thing came about and put them in the same league I'll bet that those same blazing Iowa threads would be forthcoming from those three teams fans.

I guess I'll have to stop wearing my Nebraska gear when I go to work in CB otherwise I might get attacked from the simmering Iowa fans. :ahhhhhhhh

Lets see...

ISU:

Swept you in football

Swept you in basketball

Swept you in westling

You better hope we don't come up with nine guys and a baseball this year... <_<

westling?Elmer_Fudd.png

I'm sorry...I meant "rasslin"

That's a relief.

When you said "swept" I was afraid you meant curling.