Former Husker Curt Tomasevicz wins Olympic Gold!

Just wanted to Congratulate Curt on a Gold medal in the 4 man bobsled yesterday. I grew up 7 miles from Curt and hung around him in highschool. He is from Shelby, NE pop. 690. Curt played football for Nebraska. He is the first Nebraska born and raised athlete to EVER win any sort of medal in the Olympics. Congrats Curt!

Just wanted to Congratulate Curt on a Gold medal in the 4 man bobsled yesterday. I grew up 7 miles from Curt and hung around him in highschool. He is from Shelby, NE pop. 690. Curt played football for Nebraska. He is the first Nebraska born and raised athlete to EVER win any sort of medal in the Olympics. Congrats Curt!

Really? With Nebraski right in Ashland I'm surprised we never had even a bronze in the downhill! :nanalama

Jim Hartung

Two-Time U.S. Olympian

1984 Olympic Gold Medalist

Seven-Time NCAA Event Champion

22 All-America Awards

U.S. National Team Visitation Coach

Hartung also led the Huskers to their first four NCAA team titles and consequently became Nebraska’s first Nissen-Emery Award winner in 1982. The Omaha native finished his collegiate career as the most highly decorated gymnast in Nebraska history and still owns the program’s all-around record of 58.55 which he earned in 1981