ESPN Insider Rumor about Cody Green

Cody Green...what can you say about this kid? I like him and I want to see him make it, but honestly I really wish we would have redshirted him. He wasn't ready to play last year and he didn't win any games for us, so a part of me says Washington could have done what Green did last year.

As far as him staring down receivers...don't all of our QB's do that? I remember Zac doing it and so did Ganz actually. It wasn't as bad as Green for sure, but I really think that is part of how they are taught. Watson teaches them to read the defense and they pick a guy before the snap, then they throw to a spot or dump it off. I don't ever really see them go through a progression.

Either way whoever makes starter, I wonder what type of offense we will see. I really hope we are able to find an identity, because even when you lose your starting QB and WR's like we did, I still want to see the same type of production so it will be plug and play to a certain extent (there will always be the ups and downs, but there has to be a consistency every year like VT is always consistent with great RB's and O-Lineman).

I have an Insider pass to ESPN because of one of the fantasy football leagues I'm in. Comes with the league somehow. All I can tell you is, you're not missing anything if you're not an "insider." Their inside information amounts to a bunch of speculation and retread stories.

The people on this board are more "inside" than anyone at ESPN. We have people with real on-the-ground knowledge of these teams, while ESPN has some staffer sitting in a cube at Bristol. Who do you think is more "inside?"

Can anyone remember the last time they heard about breaking news about Nebraska - or any other college or pro team - and it came from ESPN's "inside" source? I can't, either.

Every piece of breaking news or need-to-know Husker information I have needed has always come from HB. Other than that, the LJS and OWH do a pretty good job. I mean, you can't get any more "Inside" then actually being in the state of the team you're covering.

Castille leaving broke here, the Suh accident broke here, Burkhead's foot injury broke here, etc. etc. I even wonder if some of those news guys jump on here in the morning to see what's going on. :w00t

What you are saying has merit. They do watch for copyright infringement on all Husker sites so Im sure they get their daily scoop here first like all of us..:horns2

Pretty sure this is just to ensure that come the first game of the fall ESPN can say either:

"Told you so! Lee was always the frontrunner...."

"Told you so! We TOTALLY knew that Green was going to pass Lee!"

ESPN...you have completely stopped trying. You cover as many sporting events as MTV plays music videos. SOMEBODY!!!! Develop a good sports network that will save me from this monstrosity!!!

:espnsucks: :espnsucks: :espnsucks: :espnsucks:

I even wonder if some of those news guys jump on here in the morning to see what's going on.

I would be surprised if they didn't read these boards. I'm betting they have cube farms of people whose job it is to browse sites like these. It would be a lot like the old "beat reporters" from back in the day.

I dont doubt it one bit. A while back there was a hot and heavy thread, the "Is Doc the right guy" one... Real heated, great discussion...a couple days later Shatel has a column that I SWEAR TO GAWD read like a cliffs notes of our entire thread. It made me wonder all sorts of things, in particular, if I was a columnist scratchin for a story, why not scope this, or any, board, gather some nuggets of emotion, and whip out a custom made piece that you know will get more eyeballs on it because its already gathered them somewhere else?