1995 team the most dominant EVER

Major props from Florida St fans regarding our 1995 team. They recognize a great team when they see one

Here are some quotes from the thread, then i will post a link to it. The original question asked in the thread was

In a championship game, who would win? Frazier and NU or USC and Matt Lienart? In my opinion, I think NU wouldve steamrolled the current USC team. In 94 and 95, the huskers were just so physical with that option and a shutdown defense. The 95 huskers imo are the best team ever, imo.

Some responses:

Tolbert67:

No question...the best college football team of all time. Nebraska just scored again

PoseidoNole:

No team in the modern era has dominated each and every game like NU did in '95. The plastering of UF's team in the Fiesta (arguably the gators' best ever) was just icing on the cake

no1e:

Nebraska by a landslide. This game wouldn't even be close. It would have been so dominating Leinert would have declared early and there wouldn't have been any Heisman for him.

l0rddavis2:

Nebraska. What they did to UF was just sick. Frazier doesn't get enough props as an all-time great.

Forbidden Nole:

There is maybe 3 or 4 teams EVER that wouldn't get blown out by the 95 Neb team. There prolly isn't a team that could beat that team

Here is the link to the thread. It's really great to see FSU fans giving major props to NU

Link

FSU saw first hand in the 94 Orange Bowl that Frazier and the Huskers were the real deal and wanted no part of them after that. The Huskers got better the following two years and there you have the 95 Huskers. :cheers

It's really great to see FSU fans giving major props to NU

:yeah

They were  the best, no doubt.  Just makes me miss the option even more.

The option isn't what made them great. If that were true, every team in the nation would run it.

more teams should run it imo. Passing=turnovers.

Yea, cause RB's never fumble *cough*AhmanGreen*cough*.

The option isn't what made them great. If that were true, every team in the nation would run it.

Lateral pitching = even more turnovers = the biggest flaw with an option offense!

Lateral pitching = even more turnovers = the biggest flaw with an option offense!

I don't know if I would call it a flaw as much as I would call it an accepted risk in that offense.

I don't know if I would call it a flaw as much as I would call it an accepted risk in that offense.

That's true, I didn't mean flaw so much. It's just accepted that unless you have a quarterback with amazing decision making skills or one that never gives it up that you're going to have turnovers. Tommie was one of those first and Crouch was one of those second.