Holiday Bowl from Arizona's perspective

ADS

Call it what you want Arizona, but you got out coached, out played and out classed. I wonder if they're trying to save face saying their hearts weren't in the bowl game? It reminds me of "Finished Business" when a couple of Nebraska players got a hold of the camera and mic and are walking around a beach in Miami and come upon a couple Miami Fans who say, "Nebraska doesn't have a chance because nobody comes to our house and hangs with Miami". The Nebraska player asks, "Can you explain what happened with Washington then?", to which the Miami fan says, "It just wasn't a big game to us".

I'm sorry, win or lose every game is a big game.

They also believe Solich was named HC with the understanding that he clean up the program. This might shed some light as to why TO lost in every voting precinct but one within the tri-county area here when he was running for Gov.

Didn't the 3rd district give Dr. Tom about 90% of the popular vote when he was running for congress? I think that him losing in his run for governor was due to the fact that he was running against a very popular, very successful incumbant, who happened to be more conservative than Dr. Tom.

IMHO

Actually, TO was more conservative. Most people out here don't have many warm fuzzy feelings about Heineman. He's viewed as a career politician who until he beat TO was never elected to any political post. He just kind of fell into them when someone else moved on to another position just like he did as governor following Johanns after he became sec. of ag. People don't necessarily dislike Heineman, but they don't necessarily get too excited about him either. I think what really cost TO in the three counties around here was the fear that he'd give into Kansas with regards to our water mess out here.