Nebraska making a National Recruiting Push

This is great to hear and is an important step, but hopefully the staff continues to put an emphasis on the recruitment of Nebraska kids who have always wanted to play for the Huskers and have been the heart of the team for years.

great maybe now gilmore wont have to work so hard..... (oh yes i did)

:koolaid2:

While Callahan opted for a heavy dose of junior college transfers in his massive, highly-regarded 2005 class, some recruitniks argue his 2007 class as his strongest. That group - including Prince Amukamara, Eric Hagg, Zac Lee, Roy Helu, Jared Crick and Niles Paul - is a backbone of the 2010 team.

Funny little quip about Cally's 2007 class. Back in Feb. 2007 not that many folks were excited about the guys mentioned in the quote above-—especially Roy Helu and Eric Hagg. IIRC more people were excited by guys like Quentin Castille and Jaivorio Burkes. I admit that I was. Maybe other people had better foresight back then than I did. Or maybe just poor memories. And 20-20 hindsight.

The interesting thing is people were more excited about the 2005 class than the 2007 class, which was ranked much lower. But although the 2005 class was very solid for us in a time of great need, building a foundation for years to come, the 2007 class was really just bursting to the seams with talent - 3 star talent, too. Guys like Hagg, Prince, Helu, and so on. Castille was in line to be a pretty good tailback here too before the mary jane got to be a problem. And Burkes was a beast, making starts on the OL as a true freshman, with all the talent and potential in the world, only to have some off the field and health issues.

I just think it's rather amazing what we've pulled out of that 2007 class.