Need some advice...

a good friend of my wife's is from Seattle. I can ask her & her husband next time we see them.

And that sounds like a fun time Killer.

Yeah, we've traveled all over the Carolina's since we've been dating, from the Outer Banks to the Biltmore Estate to the very bottom tip of the triangle that is SC. Her dad (single parent) drove her around everywhere when she was little, and my parents really didn't, so she's used to it, I'm loving seeing a bunch of new things.

BTW...in the future we plan to take a these trips:

• Montana down to New Mexico/Arizona and hit the grand canyon and all

• The Dakotas down to & through Texas

• Ohio down through Kentucky, Tennessee, and probably ending in New Orleans

• Maine to Florida (another coastal trip)

• We want to take the train from Chicago to Seattle through the mountains

• Take I-40 from it's beginning in NC to the end in CA

We also want to go overseas at some point, but we want to see our own country before seeing another.

When you do the Dakotas stop in Sioux Falls dinner will be on me and JD KC. HWY 1 down the Cal. coast is breath taking.

T_O_B

:cheers

Hell of an offer, T_O_B...may just have to take you up on it! It'll probably be a few years though.

BTW...in the future we plan to take a these trips:

Montana down to New Mexico/Arizona and hit the grand canyon and all

• The Dakotas down to & through Texas

• Ohio down through Kentucky, Tennessee, and probably ending in New Orleans

• Maine to Florida (another coastal trip)

• We want to take the train from Chicago to Seattle through the mountains

• Take I-40 from it's beginning in NC to the end in CA

We also want to go overseas at some point, but we want to see our own country before seeing another.

A couple summers ago, my wife and I went on a two week road trip to Western Nebraska, Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota, and South Dakota. Great, great time and we saw lots of beautiful scenery. Glacier National Park in Montana was probably my favorite part of the trip, but it's hard to pick just one part. I will tell you that driving from the far western portion of Montana all the way to North Dakota is ridiculous. That state does not end!

If you want to go even farther northwest than Seattle, check out the San Juan Islands. I have a friend who lives on Orcas and have been there and and over to Friday Harbor Harbor on San Juan Island. Drive from Seattle north on I-5 and then over to the ferry landing at Anacortes. Ferry schedules are available on-line. There's lots of nice little hotels, but be sure to make a reservation first.

And as someone said, the coast of Oregon is great!