Pierre Allen

ADS

It’ll be easier without the turf toe. The two sore knees. The ankle. All the result of getting caught with his legs turned the wrong way at the bottom of a couple of piles. Freak things. Injuries he hadn’t had before.

This is the bad thing about a Bo Pelini team. Bo doesn't talk about his injured players. Allen was dealing with all of this last year? I was disappointed with both Allen's and Turner's play last year. Now it makes me wonder if they weren't as active as I thought they would be because they were both banged up. If all of these injuries are true, Allen had a fine year despite the bumps and bruises.

Here's hoping for a healthy year from Allen. He was a beast a couple of years ago when Turner got hurt.

Great read! I'm glad to hear about the leadership coming out. Great players pass on great things to the younger guys. Our regime is once again rolling the right way. The story I want to hear next is an offensive Fatty taking charge up front. We need the killer attitude on the O line to start coming out.

Oh boy, I got the husker twitch they really need to make an off season kool-aid patch.

• Fire 1

I remember reading an article during the last preseason drought that Cal Pelini thought Allen was our next superstar. Then the season happened and I was like, "So much for that." Well, I guess playing injured meant he played solid, but not spectacular. He's getting about the best coaching money can buy on the defensive line. We'll see if he lives up to the expectations this year.

It'll be easier without the turf toe. The two sore knees. The ankle. All the result of getting caught with his legs turned the wrong way at the bottom of a couple of piles. Freak things. Injuries he hadn't had before.

This is the bad thing about a Bo Pelini team. Bo doesn't talk about his injured players. Allen was dealing with all of this last year? I was disappointed with both Allen's and Turner's play last year. Now it makes me wonder if they weren't as active as I thought they would be because they were both banged up. If all of these injuries are true, Allen had a fine year despite the bumps and bruises.

Here's hoping for a healthy year from Allen. He was a beast a couple of years ago when Turner got hurt.

:yeah However, I do kind of like that type of attitude and mindset Bo brings to the team. No excuses, even if you're banged up. He wants these guys to be tough as nails.

I dont understand why Allen's and Turner's play was at all dissappointing last year. Because they didnt play book ends like wistrom and tomich and just fly up the field against an offense that was gonna throw down field 40 times a game? The offenses of today are different, and they were probably coached to play a more read-react type of scheme. How many times did Turner and/or Allen disrupt screens, draws, and any sort of zone running plays.

I dont understand why Allen's and Turner's play was at all dissappointing last year. Because they didnt play book ends like wistrom and tomich and just fly up the field against an offense that was gonna throw down field 40 times a game? The offenses of today are different, and they were probably coached to play a more read-react type of scheme. How many times did Turner and/or Allen disrupt screens, draws, and any sort of zone running plays.

Yeah I think we are used to seeing a Wistrom type of DE. Mostly what you see in football is the d-line rushes downfield to get to the QB. Something that always stuck with me is what Carl said. He said he was surprised at how much stats our d-line racked up, because of the read and react system that they have for the d-line. Our guys are meant to control their gaps and not let anyone by. So I don't think we can be too hard on Turner or Allen, afterall they did their jobs right? I have no doubts Allen will play his position perfectly...I would like to see his stats match his abilities, cause I don't think he gets enough credit.

and halftime shots in his foot to manage the turf toe he had “to the worst degree.’’
Hearing about the injury--it makes sense now. Hard to play with turf toe. Especially coming off the edge. It is surprising Allen had as good of a year as he had.

i think that Tuner and Allen played well considering the injuries. Meredith stepped up and will fill in for Turner and Williams will be pushing for time (he was hurt last year so he is a little behind Meredith)

I expect to see a monster year for Allen if he can stay healthy and am glad that he is taking on the leadership roll.

I would like to see Crick with that role also