So I'm a Buckeye

I know Buckeyes have a reputation for being fanatical, and at times arrogant and redneckish, but I hope to be a good representative of my new alma mater. I always find it annoying when people of fanbase A say "we to city B and their fans were such [insert bad thing to say about a fan]", because I know there are tons of people who say that about my Yankees, Rangers, and Jets. And those experiences are based on small interactions with fans from fanbase B. I bet if I were a really hospitable fan from fanbase B, and shared a good time with fans from city A or bought them a round for their travels, those fans from city A would think "man, those fans from city B are a real class act", and then they go back to their city or website and tell all of the other fans from city A, and then people respect fans from city B more. So if any of you guys are in Columbus next year, I'll be around to show you a good time. I hope to act in the same way on this forum, since I really like this community.

And with that,

GO BUCKEYES!

I know Buckeyes have a reputation for being fanatical, and at times arrogant and redneckish, but I hope to be a good representative of my new alma mater. I always find it annoying when people of fanbase A say "we to city B and their fans were such [insert bad thing to say about a fan]", because I know there are tons of people who say that about my Yankees, Rangers, and Jets. And those experiences are based on small interactions with fans from fanbase B. I bet if I were a really hospitable fan from fanbase B, and shared a good time with fans from city A or bought them a round for their travels, those fans from city A would think "man, those fans from city B are a real class act", and then they go back to their city or website and tell all of the other fans from city A, and then people respect fans from city B more. So if any of you guys are in Columbus next year, I'll be around to show you a good time. I hope to act in the same way on this forum, since I really like this community.

And with that,

GO BUCKEYES!

Welcome to HuskerBoard.

It's all perception. Every fanbase has their "mixed nuts" varieties. I hope your experience here at HuskerBoard is a positive one. Don't be a stranger and chime in. :)

And with that,

GO BUCKEYES!

Hey, welcome aboard, but you might not want to offer a good time without negotiating specifics in advance.

And with that,

GO BUCKEYES!

Hey, welcome aboard, but you might not want to offer a good time without negotiating specifics in advance.

Hahaha! :wasted

When I typed that, I knew someone was going to say something like that, but I didn't really know what else to change it to without sounding weird.

And with that,

GO BUCKEYES!

Hahaha! drunk.gif

When I typed that, I knew someone was going to say something like that, but I didn't really know what else to change it to without sounding weird.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Seriously though, I hope you find us to be good hosts too.

... You guys know that I've been posting here for more than a month, right? I made the "possibly going to UNL thread"... Oh well...

Not everybody follows every thread - and at the end of the other thread you started, you were talking about being a Hawkeye and now you say you are going to be a Buckeye - which might have confuseled some.

Regardless, gotta check out the number of posts, though

• 2 weeks later...

... You guys know that I've been posting here for more than a month, right? I made the "possibly going to UNL thread"... Oh well...

How long are you going to be in Columbus? Im supposed to finish up my degree in Spring, but it could get pushed back to summer quarter. If im still around, we'll have to go find a place to watch the 'Skers play!