ESPN College Football Live announced their Top 25 pre-season rankings today

Enderle wasn't a highly sought prospect out of high school. He was a 2* with only one offer. See this old Rivals teaser from Nov. 2005.

After saying he wanted to wait things out and see if a team like Colorado or Nebraska would come through with a scholarship offer, North Platte, Neb., two-star quarterback Nathan Enderle decided to end the process after an official visit two weekends ago.

LINK

Needless to say, Idaho coaching staff deserves credit for developing him. I'm happy for him and hope he succeeds (except when he plays us) in college and the NFL.

The only game I question os the texas/ucla game wasn't ucla pretty blowful last year.

I think they finished 6-6 or 7-6 something like that, they played Temple in the bowl game and won. IMHO they have a ways to go before they are respectable again. Hey but give them credit they got Owa and couple of hotshot recruits.

Enderle wasn't a highly sought prospect out of high school. He was a 2* with only one offer. See this old Rivals teaser from Nov. 2005.

After saying he wanted to wait things out and see if a team like Colorado or Nebraska would come through with a scholarship offer, North Platte, Neb., two-star quarterback Nathan Enderle decided to end the process after an official visit two weekends ago.

LINK

Needless to say, Idaho coaching staff deserves credit for developing him. I'm happy for him and hope he succeeds (except when he plays us) in college and the NFL.

Then I guess at the time I wouldnt have blamed Billy C for not going after him. But we should always try to keep our instate talent close to home, regardless of flawed star rating system.

LINK

Then I guess at the time I wouldnt have blamed Billy C for not going after him. But we should always try to keep our instate talent close to home, regardless of flawed star rating system.

Interestingly enough NU didn't recruit a QB that year either. However they did snag a big one at the time in Harrison Beck the year before.

Hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

1 - Alabama

2 - Ohio State

3 - Boise State

4 - Texas

5 - Va Tech

6 - TCU

7 - Florida

8 - Iowa

9 - Nebraska

10 - Oregon

11 - Wisconsin

12 - Oklahoma

13 - Miami

14 - LSU

15 - USC

16 - Pittsburgh

17 - Georgia Tech

18 - Arkansas

19 - Penn State

20 - Oregon State

21 - Florida State

22 - Cincinnati

23 - Georgia

24 - Stanford

25 - North Carolina

Non-conference games to keep an eye on in the month of September among the Top 10 ranked teams.

Great position to start the year. We run the table then we would have to be in the BCS game. This is better than starting out number 24 and having to run the table. We beat Texas and keep winning then we would be in a position to be in the top 3 or 4 once the Big 12 Championship comes around. We win that and it is hard not to be in the big dance. Getting about a mile ahead of myself but this is a great spot to start off in.

Sat. 9/4 - TCU vs Oregon St.

Mon. 9/6 - Boise St. vs Va. Tech

Sat. 9/11 - Ohio St. vs Miami

Sat. 9/11 - Iowa vs Iowa St.

Sat. 9/11 - Nebraska vs Idaho

Sat. 9/11 - Oregon vs Tennessee

Sat. 9/11 - Florida vs South Florida

Sat. 9/18 - Iowa vs Arizona

Sat. 9/18 - Nebraska vs Washington

Sat. 9/18 - TCU vs Baylor

Sat. 9/25 - Texas vs UCLA

Sat. 9/25 - Boise St. vs Oregon St.

I know some of you might scoff at the Nebraska/Idaho match-up but Idaho does have a legit pro-style QB in Sr. Ryan Enderle (North Platte, NE native). He has been their starter since his freshman year. In my opinion, Idaho will be a tougher opponent than any of the Sun Belt teams we played last season. I also think this game will be a good test for our defense. Enderle threw for 2,900+ yds. and completed 61.5% of his passes last season.

Playing against Enderle the week before Jake Locker is also a good stepping stone for testing our defense. At least after the Idaho game we'll know where we need to be when preparing for Washington.

Thats about right were i expected us to be. I think Idaho might be our toughest test in the nonconference. An Idaho type of team can sneak up on us and gives us fits, if we are not prepared. We play UW the week after, everybody will be looking ahead to that game. Hopefully after last year, this team knows that you cant take any game for granted (Iowa State). I hope our guys dont "go through the motions" against Idaho. I think this game will be the most points the defense will give up in a game all year.

haha seriously? i understand we might be looking ahead to the Washington game, but that doesn't make it TOUGHER than the Washington game. if your argument is that Idaho has a great QB, well... Washington's QB is better. not to mention the Washington game isn't in Lincoln. Sarkisian will have them ready and no doubt will be our toughest non-conference game. no argument for Idaho.

Thats about right were i expected us to be. I think Idaho might be our toughest test in the nonconference. An Idaho type of team can sneak up on us and gives us fits, if we are not prepared. We play UW the week after, everybody will be looking ahead to that game. Hopefully after last year, this team knows that you cant take any game for granted (Iowa State). I hope our guys dont "go through the motions" against Idaho. I think this game will be the most points the defense will give up in a game all year.

haha seriously? i understand we might be looking ahead to the Washington game, but that doesn't make it TOUGHER than the Washington game. if your argument is that Idaho has a great QB, well... Washington's QB is better. not to mention the Washington game isn't in Lincoln. Sarkisian will have them ready and no doubt will be our toughest non-conference game. no argument for Idaho.

It'll be interesting to see how Washington looks in its season opener when they travel to BYU. That game could go either way. I could also see BYU winning that game.

It'll be interesting to see how Washington looks in its season opener when they travel to BYU. That game could go either way. I could also see BYU winning that game.

Then they play Syracuse the next week. Granted, I know its Syracuse but the Orange I thought made some improvement last year. That game is no pushover. Washington could very well be 0-2 going into Sept 18th.

Then they play Syracuse the next week. Granted, I know its Syracuse but the Orange I thought made some improvement last year. That game is no pushover. Washington could very well be 0-2 going into Sept 18th.

still doesn't mean Idaho at home is tougher than @ Washington

still doesn't mean Idaho at home is tougher than @ Washington

Its just my opinion. Wanna know something else..... Washington is overrated, its unethical to have a team preseason ranked(like some due) after having a losing record the year before and winning one game the year before that. All Washington has is Locker and Polk, they arent the playmakers to beat Nebraska by themselves.

Idaho is coming into their game with nothing to lose, thus play a little loser. Washington all of sudden has these expectations they havent had since Willinghams first year. They will likely play uptight, scared. Plus they will be likely be 1-1 or 0-2. Their season will hang in the balance depending on the Nebraska game. If by some miracle they win, it catapults their season. If they lose, it will be another long season for Huskie fans.