Need some advice...stuck in Hawkeye *&^&*!%&!

I grew up in Iowa, half of my family loves the Hawks and I know plenty of Hawks fans so I don't have any problem with them. In my eyes they are no different then any other fan base though, I'm sure there are plenty d-bag fans though. That being said there are plenty of d-bag NU fans that I can't stand and wonder how anyone could tolerate them as well.

I grew up in Iowa, half of my family loves the Hawks and I know plenty of Hawks fans so I don’t have any problem with them. In my eyes they are no different then any other fan base though, I’m there are plenty d-bag fans though. That being said there are plenty of d-bag NU fans that I can’t stand and wonder how anyone could tolerate them as well.

i don't know why you had to bring reason into this discussion. that being said, sports fandom is a lot like religion, you are born into a group and you will defend with all of your might for that groups legitimacy and greatness.

Show them this and it might shut them up also.

I was at this game!! Its probably one of my best memories. I was right in front of it like 5 rows up. AWESOME!!!!!!!

That guy flew 13 1/2 feet! At least you remember the game skerman, I don't think #8 does. :bs:

I was at this game as well. So much fun!

Yeah, I unfortunately wasn't at the game, but I saw it on TV. When I saw that play, I was like damn Crouch is a beast. The funny part is that Iowa wanted to start a rivalry and when we curb stomped them both times, they were like we had enough of this and they broke it off.

Just moved to IOWA CITY for a job.....stuck amongst the LIBS and Hawkeyes. It is really hard listening to the fluff about how the Hawkeyes are going to win their first National Championship! I will say this...they have some talent, and play good defense, but it is a lonely place for a HUSKER! I wish so badly the Huskers/Hawks played this year so I could shut some of them up!

Suggestions!?!? HOW DOES A HUSKER LIVE IN IOWA CITY?

Just watch out because Hawkeye fans are usually the first ones to let you know when the Huskers lose. Following every loss both in 08' and in 09' the two Hawkeye fans that I work with would remind me of every loss when I saw them at work on either Sunday or Monday. I could care less about what Iowa does because Iowa isn't a threat to Nebraska but Iowa fans are so balls deep into what the Huskers do what we've accomplished in the past that whenever the Huskers lost they would rub that in our faces. I don't say a word when Iowa losses but there have been times last year that I couldn't put up with their sh*t anymore that I had to say something when they lost to Northwestern.

Yeah, I live in northeast Nebraska and I can't believe how many idiot iowa fans there are...or how many of them thought that their defense was better then ours last year. How, their o-line would dominate our d-line. They also were under the impression that iowa would dominate nebraska if we played each other. Good luck in your new home...hopefully you find a couple of Nebraska fans :wasted

Just moved to IOWA CITY for a job.....stuck amongst the LIBS and Hawkeyes. It is really hard listening to the fluff about how the Hawkeyes are going to win their first National Championship! I will say this...they have some talent, and play good defense, but it is a lonely place for a HUSKER! I wish so badly the Huskers/Hawks played this year so I could shut some of them up!

same way I have survived working in Omaha.

Just followed the huskers as well as my teams- the clones and the hawks.

Eventually the huskers grew on me. It also helps that I've always admired TO and his integrity, I even like Joe Pa!

But coming from the rare fan that can actually LIKE more than ONE team... even intrastate rivals like the clones and hawks.

I may be a rarity.

Most aren't open minded enough for that. :cheers

same way I have survived working in Omaha.

Just followed the huskers as well as my teams- the clones and the hawks.

Eventually the huskers grew on me. It also helps that I've always admired TO and his integrity, I even like Joe Pa!

But coming from the rare fan that can actually LIKE more than ONE team... even intrastate rivals like the clones and hawks.

I may be a rarity.

Most aren't open minded enough for that. :cheers

oh, you're a clone's fan, i never understood your name, i thought you the sheep, dolly.

Just watch out because Hawkeye fans are usually the first ones to let you know when the Huskers lose. Following every loss both in 08' and in 09' the two Hawkeye fans that I work with would remind me of every loss when I saw them at work on either Sunday or Monday. I could care less about what Iowa does because Iowa isn't a threat to Nebraska but Iowa fans are so balls deep into what the Huskers do what we've accomplished in the past that whenever the Huskers lost they would rub that in our faces. I don't say a word when Iowa losses but there have been times last year that I couldn't put up with their sh*t anymore that I had to say something when they lost to Northwestern.

That is 100% accurate, does not matter what part of Iowa you are in, they are the first to throw a NU loss back in you face. Iowa could have beaten UNI by blocking 2 field goals at the end of the game, but if NU lost by 1 to say Texas, they still say they have the better team. Hawkeye fans = :bang