Husker Game Tickets

hello all. i know this has been discussed before, but i was wondering what is the best way to purchase tickets. does ticket express offer fair prices, or is it better to just go to the game and find a scalper? will it be hard to find tickets for the Mizzou or Kansas games? will it be possible to get tickets to the Texas game? would it be more expensive to buy tickets to the Texas game rather than just renting the Michelin Blimp and watch the game aloft? any thoughts or advice will be much appreciated. thank you in advance and Go 'Skers!

hello all. i know this has been discussed before, but i was wondering what is the best way to purchase tickets. does ticket express offer fair prices, or is it better to just go to the game and find a scalper? will it be hard to find tickets for the Mizzou or Kansas games? will it be possible to get tickets to the Texas game? would it be more expensive to buy tickets to the Texas game rather than just renting the Michelin Blimp and watch the game aloft? any thoughts or advice will be much appreciated. thank you in advance and Go 'Skers!

Ebay isn't too bad if you find a student. Most of the time they go cheaper and you have to pay to get them verified (they add the $40 price difference of a student ticket (around $21) and a gen admission (around $60). So you would pay whatever you bid and the verification (if they don't pre-verify). Having been a student it is a great atmosphere and the best part is most of the time you choose your seat... get there early sit as close as you can get (unless some jerk makes you move so he can get his actual ticket seat).

The students have a facebook group called "The Husker Ticket Exchange." About the time we can pick up our tickets in August they will have a message board up for each game for people to post whether they have tickets to sell or they need tickets. You can usually get the conference games for about $20-$30, bigger games will cost you, but like Husker N KC said you still have to spend another $40 to validate it.

The tickets are all General admission now, there aren't any assigned seats. So the die hards show up really early and it's a sprint/mosh to get in the front.

For the big games, I usually shop around stubhub/ebay. My biggest fear is the price going up, so I jump on 'em early. I like using stubhub because it lists all the seats available and for what price. That gives a chance to compare to what sellers are asking. For example... I got Texas tickets for 300 a pair for 20 rows up in south stadium and someone else had posted 350 a pair for 98 rows up in north stadium. But their is like 25 dollar handling fee for tickets, so keep that in mind also.

For smaller nonconference games... i would just walk around downtown, around the stadium you can usually find some at face value or below.

For the big games, I usually shop around stubhub/ebay. My biggest fear is the price going up, so I jump on 'em early. I like using stubhub because it lists all the seats available and for what price. That gives a chance to compare to what sellers are asking. For example... I got Texas tickets for 300 a pair for 20 rows up in south stadium and someone else had posted 350 a pair for 98 rows up in north stadium. But their is like 25 dollar handling fee for tickets, so keep that in mind also.

For smaller nonconference games... i would just walk around downtown, around the stadium you can usually find some at face value or below.

thanks, i appreciate everyone's input. what about the conference games like mizzou or ku? should i look to stubhub or just try to find a scalper?

you should have no problem finding tix outside the stadium for either one of those games at face value or a little more. Ive never had a problem finding tickets for last minute friends that have joined the party. Non-con games are the easiest and if you pay more than face you must have been in a hurry. Texas is the only game I'd want tickets in hand before gameday.

Yea if you think the stadium was packed for the Oklahoma game last year. Its going to be twice as crazy around Memorial Stadium come October 16th. And when we win, im sure people will storm the field to tear down the goalposts or storm downtown Lincoln and may flip a cop car or two.

Just a question about the most recent game, can we still buy tickets on game-day? It would seem a little silly if they didn't sell when they're probably going to get at least half the tickets or so from walk-ups (is that even correct?). Just do you have to pre-order the tickets?

What do you mean most recent game? Are you talking about the spring game? As long as it doesn't sell out (it doesn't look like it will) they said you could walk up and buy tickets, but be prepared to stand in line. If your talking about a different game like during the season, they are always sold out before hand.