Killer Cacti's Master's report.

You may or may not know that last Wednesday, I had an opportunity to go to the Master's. It was my 4th or 5th trip down there, and I get even more amazed by Augusta National every time I get to visit. If you ever have the opportunity to visit there and you can afford the ticket/travel, I highly recommend it. I had a female coworker ask me just last week if she would get bored at it with her husband, and I told her that she absolutely would not. She halfway went against my word and went for the first half with her hubby, then one of his friends came down and went to the rest of it with him and she left. She called me immediately after she left and said that she felt like she was only there for 45 min after being there for 4 hours, and that she wished she didn't have to leave and can't wait to get another opportunity to go. She has never played golf in her life, and never has had any interest in watching it. It's that awesome.

When I get home from work, I'll try to get some pictures that my sister took while we were there and post them on here. It's just amazing that you can go to an all day major sporting event, and take one $20 bill, and eat all day. I had 2 sandwiches ($1.50 each), 2 waters ($1.50 each), and 5 beers ($2.50 each), and come out with a little change. I did get myself a hat, but put that on the debit card (as friendly as the concession stands are, the pro shops are not).

Anywho, we didn't do much watching the practice round itself, it was a little slow moving, so we toured part of the course, looking for Lucas Glover (Clemson grad) the whole time. I didn't have any care about seeing Tiger, I saw him win it in 2002, and I know around him was where 80% of the patrons in attendance were going to be, so in my mind, I would rather watch other guys with noone in my personal space.

Then about noon or so, we went to find ourselves a good seat for the ever famous par 3 tournament. I've only been to this once before, and I've always heard about the antics on the water holes, so I talked everyone into going and sitting near the 8th & 9th holes. This decision was an epic win, as we were lucky enough to see both hole-in-ones at 9 (Jim Furyk and Graham McDowell) and got to see all of the golfers come through with their kids as their caddies (the par 3 is a very laid back, family atmosphere event). Tiger did not participate. A few of the players attempted to skip the ball over the water and a few even landed it on the green, before the high and almighty green jackets put that to a stop. The grand highlight of the day (IMO) was seeing Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, and Gary Player come through and play together. It was amazing. On the two hole-in-ones earlier, I gave a solid fist pump as the ball fell into the hole, but when Arnie hit the long put to birdie the final hole I was on my feet with both arms raised screaming like a child. It was electric. We left not long after they came through as there were only a few more groups, but after watching the highlights, we didn't miss anything.

Overall, it was a great day. My only regret was that my fiance didn't get to go because I really want her to be able to experience it and to understand why I want to play golf constantly.