***European Soccer Thread***

Forlan Wants To Leave Atletico Madrid

Atletico Madrid striker Diego Forlan has reiterated his stance that he is willing to leave in the summer but only if there is a good offer. The Uruguay international said earlier this week that he is happy at the Vicente Calderon but kept himself open to potential suitors by revealing that “a really good offer” will convince him to leave.

"At the moment, I have two years left on my contract in Madrid and I am really happy,” said the 31 year old, according to FIFA.com. “But I always say if there is a good offer, we will see what is going to happen."

Real Madrid Ban Shakira Songs From The Santiago Bernabeu - Report

Spanish newspapers Marca and AS are reporting music from the Colombian singer will no longer be played at the stadium prior to matches.

No explanation has been given by the club but there are suspicions in the Spanish media that this situation has arisen because of Shakira’s relationship with Barcelona defender Gerard Pique.

Shakira and Pique’s romantic relationship recently went public with photos of the couple making the rounds in the media. Given the rivalry between Barcelona and Madrid, it’s been suggested that Madrid will now stop playing the 34 year old’s songs at their venue.

Ronaldo, Benzema & Marcelo To Miss Champions League Clash Against Tottenham

Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho revealed in a press conference Friday that Cristiano Ronaldo, Karim Benzema and Marcelo will miss the upcoming matches against Sporting Gijon and Tottenham Hotspur due to injury.

"The doctors have made it clear that Benzema, Ronaldo and Marcelo will not be ready before the game against Athletic de Bilbao," Mourinho told reporters.

Mourinho did receive some good news in the form of Gonzalo Higuain's miraculous recovery from back surgery. "Higuain's recovery is great news for us. He's back to full fitness again and will be very important for us in the final stages of the season. I want to congratulate him and the medical staff on his quick recovery. They've done a great job. I hope that the fans will give him a warm welcome when he returns to the pitch."

Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka, Marcelo & Di Maria In Real Madrid Squad To Face Tottenham

Real Madrid have confirmed Cristiano Ronaldo is in the squad for their Champions League quarterfinal match against Tottenham on Tuesday. The club's official website said Ronaldo and Marcelo, who Jose Mourinho described as "doubtful" in his pre-match press conference, were both included in the 19 man squad list. Karim Benzema, as expected, has not made the grade. Mourinho had earlier said he was "impossible" for Tottenham.