***European Soccer Thread***

Cristiano Ronaldo Out 3 Weeks With Hamstring Injury

Cristiano Ronaldo told reporters after the Atleti/Real game that he had picked up a knock, and said: "I'm not 100 per cent fit and it was a difficult game for me. Those who know me could tell I wasn't myself during the match, especially in the second half. I think I've got an injury of some sort. We'll see what shows up in the scan."

A statement on Real Madrid's official website reads: "After a medical control and scan at the Sanitas hospital, Cristiano Ronaldo is suffering from a first-grade lesion to the hamstring in his left leg. The player will be out for three weeks."

This means Ronaldo will miss Portugal's friendly games against Chile and Finland. He is likely to miss Madrid's game against Sporting Gijon. Even worse news, Ronaldo could miss the first leg of their Champions League clash against Tottenham on April 5.

Pato Out 10 Days With Sprained Ankle

A statement on AC Milan's official website reads:

"Milan can communicate medical examinations were carried out on Pato and Jankulovski. The striker has a light ankle sprain to his left foot and will be out for ten days. The defender has a twisted knee and his condition will be re-evaluated over the next few days."

Pato came off just after the hour mark against Palermo to be replaced by Robinho.

Dani Alves To Join Manchester City After Contract Talks Fail - Report

Barcelona right back Dani Alves has been linked with a move to Manchester City after talks on a new contract have reportedly failed. The Brazilian joined Barcelona from Sevilla in 2008 but his contract does not expire until next year.

Alves recently told reporters: "I don't feel Barcelona have been doing their utmost to renew my contract. What I want is for them to value me depending on my importance and influence within the squad. If they do that, I'll be over the moon. If not, thanks for these years at the club."

Real Madrid Request Rearrangement Of Domestic Fixture Ahead Of Champions League Clash Against Tottenham - Report

Spanish newspaper AS is reporting Jose Mourinho has asked the LFP (Spanish Professional Football League) to move forward their Liga clash with Sporting to ensure his players are given an additional day of rest before they play Tottenham in the Champions League.

Mourinho is reportedly concerned with time constraints as the match in Gijon, scheduled for Saturday April 2, means his squad will have just 48 hours to prepare for the quarterfinal against Spurs on April 5.

Mourinho wants the league encounter to be played on Friday April 1 to give his players ample time to recover.

Dani Alves Extends Contract With Barcelona Through 2015

The Brazilian had a year to run on his original contract after signing from Sevilla in 2008 and had been linked with a move to Manchester City.

"Barcelona have announced that they have reached an agreement with Dani Alves to extend his contract with the club for three more seasons until June 30, 2015," read a club statement.

Fans Will Be Kept Cool By Artificial Clouds At 2022 World Cup In Qatar - Report

Fans fearing searing temperatures at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar have been told they could be kept cool by artificial clouds hovering above the stadiums.

FIFA have fielded some burning questions over concerns that desert heat could become unbearable, detering fans used to colder climates from traveling.

But Qatar is ready to alleviate those issues by developing artificial clouds. Scientists have invented a synthetic cloud which could shield stadiums and training grounds from excessive heat.

Saud Abdul Ghani, head of mechanical and industrial engineering at Qatar University, is quoted by ESPNSoccernet as saying: "Artificial clouds will move by remote control, made of 100 per cent light carbonic materials, fueled by four solar-powered engines and it will fly high to protect direct and indirect sun rays to control temperatures at the open playgrounds."

Possible Strike Scheduled For La Liga

A possible strike threatens Spanish football, which could cause a break in the season, scheduled for April 3, and could bring about the worst disruption of football in Spain over the past 25 years. Teams are threatening not to play as the government attempts to impose rules allowing one game per round to be shown free-to-air.

The state has not budged on its stance, so the strike threat is becoming stronger. For the moment, Carlos Del Campo, general secretary of the LFP, said: "Allocations have been announced for the next day of the season, but not the hours [they will be played]."

The current government act establishes the obligation to broadcast at least one free-to-air match every round. This act benefits the state from taxing sports betting. Clubs want this act removed in order to increase revenue from television contracts. The protest is also about the disparity of revenue between the large and smaller clubs, as well as demand for aid for the latter.