***European Soccer Thread***

Liverpool Order Andy Carroll To Lose Weight Before Making Debut

The People is reporting Carroll has been told to shed some weight before making his first appearance for the club. The Gateshead-born player has been prevented from making his debut for the Reds by a thigh injury, but is expected to return to action within the next 2 weeks. Having not played a single game this year, the forward is thought to have accumulated a little excess weight.

Drogba To Leave Chelsea If He Does Not Start Against Manchester United- Report

The Daily Mail is reporting Drogba is prepared to leave the club if he is not allowed to start for a game as big as the one against United. With a game of such magnitude on the horizon, Drogba wants and expects the opportunity to make his presence felt during the encounter. Drogba has recently been benched in favor of Fernando Torres.

Chelsea's Didier Drogba Denies Exit Talk

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has insisted that he is not looking for an exit from the club despite being pushed out of the first team picture in recent weeks.

"I have everything I could dream of at Chelsea,” he told French TV channel Orange Sport.

"I am at a great club, with amazing teammates, with a perfect living environment for my family. Some years ago I could have said, ‘I dream to play at Milan, Real [Madrid], or Manchester United’. But nowadays I don’t feel such desire anymore. I am at one of the best clubs in the world. Those desires have been gone for a while.”

Dani Alves- I Want To Sign A New Contract With Barcelona

Dialogue between Barcelona and the Brazilian has been ongoing over the last month, and it seems progress is finally being made.

"I cannot imagine Alves without Barcelona," Alves told the press.

"[if it was down to me] it would be 100 per cent certain, but it all depends on both sides. I feel greatly valued by the team and the club. For my part, I just try to work hard every day so the dream becomes reality. My dream and my desire are to continue with Barca."

Barcelona 1-0 Valencia

http://videa.hu/videok/sport/valencia-0-1-barcelona-www.goalsarena.com-BiCRXwJpw3n4qnfR

http://videos.sapo.pt/cvGZCzzobuqj4HcLcOTN

very close game. Valencia had their chances, but couldn't find the back of the net. One goal was called back for being offside, but it looked like the ref blew the call. Messi had a bad game and got into a heated argument with Villa in the first half. Messi ended up scoring in the 77th minute, but until that point, Barcelona were not playing well and I honestly thought Valencia were going to win.