***European Soccer Thread***

Fernando Torres: "Chaos" Was Key In Decision To Leave Liverpool

Speaking to Spanish newspaper Marca, Torres says his time at Liverpool wasn’t the same following the “chaos” surrounding the club’s takeover earlier in the season.

"I knew I was an idol for the fans but it wasn't the same any more. The institution was in chaos with the sale. There was all this talk of possible projects. In many ways it reminded me of [former club] Atletico Madrid... a great history, many ideas but without money, it needed time. I don't have that. People aren't honest in the world of football. You can't say the truth or be clear with people. It's a business and nobody is anyone's friend."

He added: "Chelsea have proved they have top-level players in all departments and that they will always be competitive whatever happens, with an owner who will invest when it is necessary. There are more personal relationships and jokes between the players than there were at Liverpool. Everything was much more serious there. Here, you don't have to prove you are a professional, it is assumed."

Kaka: I'm Tired Of The Criticism!

Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo is reporting Kaka told president Florentino Perez he is tired of the negative attention being focused on him, after being told he would be out of action for at least another 15 days due to a knee injury.

However, the Brazilian told Perez he would not give up the fight to overcome his injury battle, only for Perez to say he would not wait forever.

On Wednesday, El Mundo Deportivo claimed Kaka had reached an agreement with AC Milan over a summer deal. But, Milan CEO Adriano Galliani said a move back to the San Siro was "impossible".

UEFA Charge Arsene Wenger With "Improper Conduct" Over Comments Made Toward Referee

Wenger, along with midfielder Samir Nasri, have been accused of using "improper language" toward the official following the final whistle after Robin Van Persie was controversially sent off in the second half of the Champions League game at the Camp Nou.

Wenger told reporters: "I deny completely any charge. I do not understand where it comes from. It is a shame for me that the referee took the decision to send Robin Van Persie off. It was the wrong decision. The first leg was a fantastic advert for football and the second game has been destroyed. People now will only remember the sending off. It would be good for UEFA to show some humility, to apologize for what has happened, not charge people who have done nothing wrong."

When asked if he had sworn at Busacca, which UEFA deemed the reason behind his charge of improper conduct, Wenger replied: "I will keep that for UEFA if they really want to know because I will have some interesting statements to make about some statements made by people who were not supposed to say what they said. Did Busacca say something back to me? I don't want to go public on that."

Sao Paulo Sign Sevilla Striker Luis Fabiano For $6.6 Million

Sao Paulo have announced the signing of striker Luis Fabiano from Sevilla on a 4 year deal worth $6.6 million. Fabiano will leave for Sao Paulo immediately and is pleased to return to the club for whom he played for from 2001-2004.

Fabiano told Sao Paulo's official website: "Money is not everything in life. Nothing makes me more happy than now when I am about to return to wear the shirt of the team that is closest to my heart. I owe everything I have to Sao Paulo and I will make sure that I work hard with this shirt on and I will try to score a lot of goals."

Real Madrid 2-0 Hercules

1-0 Madrid

http://videa.hu/videok/allatok/1-0-hd-2RFXUg7fGftDWzqu

2-0 Madrid

http://videa.hu/videok/allatok/0-2-hercules-hd-vZNZBlWi7HM1x1Yl

Highlights

http://videos.sapo.pt/VWGWjB11tIaUpDhzP6k1

What a boring game! Mourinho rested Ronaldo, Carvalho, Alonso and Khedira in advance of next week's Champions League game against Lyon.

Berlusconi: AC Milan Would Welcome Back Kaka With Open Arms

Speaking to Italian newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport, Berlusconi revealed he would take Kaka back in an instant.

"Getting back with Kaka? We are here waiting with open arms. Of course we would be interested in him. He is as great a player as he is a great person. I have not talked about money. I haven't spoken to [AC Milan Vice President Adriano] Galliani about this either. We know nothing [about the player's situation at Real Madrid]. But we're here with open arms."

Ibrahimovic Hit With 3 Match Ban For Punching Marco Rossi

AC Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic will miss the derby against Inter after being handed a 3 match ban from Serie A's Disciplinary Committee for punching Bari's Marco Rossi on Sunday.

Ibrahimovic punched Rossi in the second half and was sent off. He will now miss games against Palermo, Inter and Fiorentina. Milan are expected to appeal the decision.

Eric Abidal Has Liver Tumor; Operation Scheduled For Thursday

A statement on Barcelona's official website reads: "A tumour in Barca’s French international defender Eric Abidal’s liver has been detected and the player will be operated on this Thursday. Following the detection of the tumour Eric Abidal will be operated on at the Hospital Clínic de Barcelona by Doctor Josep Fuster Obregon. In accordance with the specific wishes of the player himself, the Club would like to demand the maximum respect for his privacy at this moment."

Ronaldo & Higuain Return To Training

Cristiano Ronaldo and Gonzalo Higuain trained along with the rest of the first team squad on Tuesday at Valdebebas (Madrid's training ground). Ronaldo has been struggling with a hamstring injury and has missed the last 2 La Liga games but gave every indication Tuesday that he will be fit in time for the Champions League game against Lyon on Wednesday.

Meanwhile, Gonzalo Higuain, who has been sidelined since having back surgery in November, returned to training for the first time.