Callahan is better than Solich

Even though I may agree with you I think you just asked for a whole corn scoop full of trouble. People from both sides have exceedingly strong viewpoints. It has been rehashed on a dozen threads(estimate). Just a guess but this thread could go into lockdown mode in the first 10-12 posts. Again, just a guess from past history.

GBR

and good luck.

Here is a thread that hopefully will combine every other thread since the new guys got here. That way I can talk about other things without it reverting to this argument. So guys, I think that firing Solich was the right thing to do and that Callahan was an excellent hire. Discuss, citeing examples of why I am correct or incorrect.

Incorrect. Other than recruiting that has yet to be proven on the field, what has BC done other than dwindle away several more of the few remaining records that NU had established, suffer the worst defeat (70-10), lose to teams like ISU/KSU/SMU, etc. that had no business beating the Huskers, hiring coaches that can't seem to keep a job anywhere else like Elmo, brought a has been coach from the Little 11 that based on results, doesn't know skat from shinola about defense, stuffed a 10 pound play book down the throats of 18-22 year old kids and didn't understand they don't have 20 hours a day to study it and practice football like they do in the NFL......and the list goes on. And you think BC is an improvement over Frank?

:dis

This thread is all about moving on. I am tired of other threads being hijacked and changed into this argument, so if you want to discuss it, come here, if you never want to hear about it again, dont come, and cry foul when some other inconsiderate person brings it up, and I happen to belief that recruiting, not gameplanning, is 80% of the game in college football. You will not find a top tier team in college football that consistantly pulls in mediocre recruiting classes. The talent gap is just too big, unlike in the NFL, where all of the guys are talented.

Without question, I certainly think so. In terms of getting things done, the midget just wasn't moving around well. I think Mr. Pederson made a courageous desizion and a tremendous hire and in time all these bitter Husker fans will realise was a tremendous hire it was after the midegt was fired for not moving around without question.

Mr. Pederson was also a coach for some guy named Osbourne, so he should now what he is doing.

All the NFL teams are using the WCO. It's the new "option" so to speak. Frank never could quite figure that out. That's why he's at Ohio now. The days of the option are over. Do you see any NFL teams running it? No.

And who do you think Callahan learned the WCO from? None other than Father Walsh! :thumbs

Do you see any NFL teams running it?

Has there been an NFL team that ran it? I can't remember any.

The option can still be used, but as we have discussed here many times, you need to have great personnel at all key positions and we just didn't have that.

All the NFL teams are using the WCO.  It's the new "option" so to speak.  Frank never could quite figure that out.  That's why he's at Ohio now.  The days of the option are over.  Do you see any NFL teams running it?  No.

And who do you think Callahan learned the WCO from? None other than Father Walsh! :thumbs

Amen. Like I said, it appears that we see I to I. :horns2