Mack Brown and Texas Recruiting

It has come to my attention from reading several other boards that there were 6 players from Texas drafted in the first round yesterday. Mack Brown and Texas only offered one of them in Earl Thomas. Stupid Stupid Longhorns.

• Fire 1

It has come to my attention from reading several other boards that there were 6 players from Texas drafted in the first round yesterday. Mack Brown and Texas only offered one of them in Earl Thomas. Stupid Stupid Longhorns.

I think the Big 12 made a huge statement yesterday. ESPN and all the pundits all talk SEC but the Big 12 had a monster day!!!!

I think the Big 12 made a huge statement yesterday. ESPN and all the pundits all talk SEC but the Big 12 had a monster day!!!!

If only we could make that Big 12 talent result in wins over the SEC. :(

• Fire 1

But if you also feel that Mack Brown and Texas do not help talent become great then those 5 players were better served going where they went. Last I checked Texas is Either tied or #1 in NFL talent as far as alumni go. I don't think the short horn and 1 second Mack are concerned about the ones that got away. They have only been burned by one played that left and he name is Adrian Peterson. Even if Rex becomes a stud Texas did not want him. Hopefully we get A.G. and he kills Texas.

But if you also feel that Mack Brown and Texas do not help talent become great then those 5 players were better served going where they went. Last I checked Texas is Either tied or #1 in NFL talent as far as alumni go. I don't think the short horn and 1 second Mack are concerned about the ones that got away. They have only been burned by one played that left and he name is Adrian Peterson. Even if Rex becomes a stud Texas did not want him. Hopefully we get A.G. and he kills Texas.

How the Adrian Peterson story played out reminds me a lot of how Aaron Green's recruitment is going to be honest.

How the Adrian Peterson story played out reminds me a lot of how Aaron Green's recruitment is going to be honest.

The commit now or we will fill your spot trick? If so not a smart move by Mack.

The commit now or we will fill your spot trick? If so not a smart move by Mack.

That would be the method I am refering to.

Texas tries too hard to maintain an image of recruiting superiority. I know for a fact that they offered Gerald McCoy. When it was apparent he was going to OU, they probably pulled his offer and had Rivals revise their offer list.

I like when they phone recruits and say "If you verbally commit to us right now, we will offer you a scholarship." You wouldn't think they would have to resort to cheap tricks like that when they obviously have a lot going for them.

Texas tries too hard to maintain an image of recruiting superiority. I know for a fact that they offered Gerald McCoy. When it was apparent he was going to OU, they probably pulled his offer and had Rivals revise their offer list.

Some of the kids that they do this to would end up at Texas anyways.

I think that stat really shows how bountiful the talent pool is in Texas more than MB missing out on recruits. Sure he does pull his 'commit now or your opportunity is lost' bs, but when you have so much talent to choose from, you can do that.

Holy crap I just stood up for Mack Brown. . . :bang:bang:bang

I will never do that again. I love my Huskers too much. My word to the 'Board.

I am almost positive Nebraska has put more players in the NFL than any other school except USC. I remember seeing an ESPN article on it.

Here is a list of from the last 10 years. The total for NU is 45, very respectable. Not sure why some on this list are listed higher, even though they don't have most teams by ranking.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-footballfactories031609

At least we are ahead of Texas!!!! Why are they no. 6 on this list??? WTF

6. Texas

Draft picks since 1999: 38

First-round picks: 12

Highlights: RB Ricky Williams, DT Shaun Rogers, DT Casey Hampton, G Leonard Davis, CB Quentin Jammer, WR Roy Williams, CB Nathan Vasher, LB Derrick Johnson

Lowlights: T Mike Williams, QB Chris Simms, DT Marcus Tubbs, RB Cedric Benson

Skinny: Despite lacking the bulk of overall picks of some college programs, Texas has made up for it in top-shelf talent. The last three classes – with a total of 18 picks – have yet to fully flesh out in the NFL, so the Longhorns have the potential to be in the top two or three on this list. But they are also hurt by the enigmatic performances/attitudes of guys such as Benson, quarterback Vince Young, safety Michael Huff and several others. But talent is hardly a concern amongst the NFL’s personnel crowd. Instead, it’s the flow of information.

“We don’t get much help from [Longhorns coach] Mack Brown,” an NFC coach said. “A lot of coaching staffs will deal with you and share information on their guys, but he’s not one of them. If I had a complaint about the way they do things, that would be it.”

If you read the opening on the article is is talking about Cary Harris, Rey Maualuga, Brian Cushing and Clay Matthews. Last years USC defense. The draft said 10 years from 1999. Here where some of those school are now. This list includes player recently drafted. It will change one cuts and signings occur.

USC - Currently has 52 players in the league

Miami -Currently has 51 players in the league

Texas - Currently has 50 players in the league

Florida- Currently has 45 players in the league

Georgia - Currently has 45 players in the league

Ohio State - Currently has 43 players in the league

Tennessee - Currently has 42 players in the league

Michigan - Currently has 41 players in the league

Florida State- Currently has 38 players in the league

Nebraska - Currently has 37 players in the league

Miami has the most 1st round picks since 2000 with an ungodly 25. After Miami is Ohio State, Texas, and Florida State with 13. Wisconsin has 11. Tennessee, Penn State, Oklahoma, USC, and Georgia (all with 8).

Texas has the most top 10 picks with 9. Miami has 6. Behind Miami is USC with 6. FSU, Penn State, Auburn, NC State and Ohio State all with 4.

Texas has the most top 5 picks with 5

If you read the opening on the article is is talking about Cary Harris, Rey Maualuga, Brian Cushing and Clay Matthews. Last years USC defense. The draft said 10 years from 1999. Here where some of those school are now. This list includes player recently drafted. It will change one cuts and signings occur.

USC - Currently has 52 players in the league

Miami -Currently has 51 players in the league

Texas - Currently has 50 players in the league

Florida- Currently has 45 players in the league

Georgia - Currently has 45 players in the league

Ohio State - Currently has 43 players in the league

Tennessee - Currently has 42 players in the league

Michigan - Currently has 41 players in the league

Florida State- Currently has 38 players in the league

Nebraska - Currently has 37 players in the league

Miami has the most 1st round picks since 2000 with an ungodly 25. After Miami is Ohio State, Texas, and Florida State with 13. Wisconsin has 11. Tennessee, Penn State, Oklahoma, USC, and Georgia (all with 8).

Texas has the most top 10 picks with 9. Miami has 6. Behind Miami is USC with 6. FSU, Penn State, Auburn, NC State and Ohio State all with 4.

Texas has the most top 5 picks with 5

Where are you getting these stats? (I'm not disputing them. Just want to know you got them from.) :)