This Article Makes Me Nervous

take it FWIW, but my high school coach is good friends with one of Bo's friends. Bo's friend said there are two places he would leave for (which doesn't mean he would for sure, but the only two he would consider leaving for):

1. Notre Dame (Pelini is a devout Catholic)

2. the NFL

i've heard that his tied with OSU were cut long ago

This article doesn't make me anymore worried than I already was. He just spoke at a convention Tressel did a simialr thing in nebraska last week. However iif the ohio state job opens up nebraska will have to cough up big time money to keep Bo, NFL type money.

if bo leaves for osu it wont have anything to do with money.

This article makes me nervous.

i want Bo to stay as far away from OSU as possible, and for Tressel to be there until he retires 20 years from now.

Bo won't go to Ohio State... He'd have to wear a oxford button up shirt with a tie and sweater vest every game and we all know Bo doesn't dress up. He always rocks the sweatshirt... the only time i've ever seen him in a suit is when he announced he was the head coach of Nebraska. There's no way he's gonna go to a school with that dress code... especially when NU will just up his pay to stay here.

tressel.jpg

t1_pelini.jpg

bo-pelini-p1.jpg

take it FWIW, but my high school coach is good friends with one of Bo's friends. Bo's friend said there are two places he would leave for (which doesn't mean he would for sure, but the only two he would consider leaving for):

2. the NFL

I don't think he goes to the NFL...he's a guy who loves to build character, develop players, build relationships, and be around tradition. Those are all distinctly college football things. In the NFL players are business, they either have character or they don't, tradition is there somewhat but the family atmosphere goes out the door with several teams, it's a business and BO isn't exactly into all the politics of football.

Also, the Notre Dame job was open last year and he didn't go apply for it. He knows Kelly is a good coach and might be there for a while, He'll win football games. If Pelini Really wanted to coach at Notre Dame why didn't he apply last year for the job? Or a few years back before Charlie Weiss got there, why didn't he apply then? He's had his chances to be considered for the job.

I think he really likes Nebraska. Osborne has got to be a dream to work for, he gets to wear his sweatshirt to games to coach, gets to work with his brother. He's practically a celebrity around Lincoln, he's got top notch facilities so moving elsewhere wouldn't be an upgrade in that way. He's guaranteed pay increases every time he wins football games and has great seasons, NU values family and offers one of the best game day family atmospheres in the country and we all know Bo is a family man. Nebraska has a strong Catholic and Lutheran population, we know Bo is a devout Catholic. I mean must I keep going?!

Straight from Bo? What side of the Pelini camp?

Friend of their family. That was a year ago though and their perceptions may have changed. The way I look at it, if a better opportunity presented itself, he would take it. Anyone would. He will always do what he feels is right for him and his family first, and the program second. He has his priorities set the way they should be and we as a fan base should be happy for him if something better comes along.

On the flip side, I love me some koolaid and don't think there's a better job out there! :koolaid2:

Straight from Bo? What side of the Pelini camp?

Friend of their family. That was a year ago though and their perceptions may have changed. The way I look at it, if a better opportunity presented itself, he would take it. Anyone would. He will always do what he feels is right for him and his family first, and the program second. He has his priorities set the way they should be and we as a fan base should be happy for him if something better comes along.

On the flip side, I love me some koolaid and don't think there's a better job out there! :koolaid2:

Bingo. It is what it is. I'm glad Pelini is the head coach here but I understand that he probably won't end his career here. I'd love to be wrong.

I think if he wins the Big XII outright next year there is no reason for him to leave to anywhere but the NFL. He will have positioned himself in the best way to win a National title unless the job comes open at a Florida or California school. And he would never defect to Texas.

I think if he wins the Big XII outright next year there is no reason for him to leave to anywhere but the NFL. He will have positioned himself in the best way to win a National title unless the job comes open at a Florida or California school. And he would never defect to Texas.

What's wrong with this year?

2. the NFL

I don't think he goes to the NFL...he's a guy who loves to build character, develop players, build relationships, and be around tradition. Those are all distinctly college football things. In the NFL players are business, they either have character or they don't, tradition is there somewhat but the family atmosphere goes out the door with several teams, it's a business and BO isn't exactly into all the politics of football.

Also, the Notre Dame job was open last year and he didn't go apply for it. He knows Kelly is a good coach and might be there for a while, He'll win football games. If Pelini Really wanted to coach at Notre Dame why didn't he apply last year for the job? Or a few years back before Charlie Weiss got there, why didn't he apply then? He's had his chances to be considered for the job.

I think he really likes Nebraska. Osborne has got to be a dream to work for, he gets to wear his sweatshirt to games to coach, gets to work with his brother. He's practically a celebrity around Lincoln, he's got top notch facilities so moving elsewhere wouldn't be an upgrade in that way. He's guaranteed pay increases every time he wins football games and has great seasons, NU values family and offers one of the best game day family atmospheres in the country and we all know Bo is a family man. Nebraska has a strong Catholic and Lutheran population, we know Bo is a devout Catholic. I mean must I keep going?!

i agree with you i'm just passing along information. i think Bo will never leave. he needs Nebraska as much as we need him

Some of it will depend on WHEN the opportunity to leave comes up. These things have a half life. If Bo spends five years at Nebraska, manages to retain all or most of his staff for that time, experiences the kind of success I think he's going to––eventually it becomes a situation where it'd be more like leaving home and less like climbing the ladder. He'll never hurt for money in Nebraska, or fame, or interest in the program. He's a rock star, the face of the entire state.

You can't know a guy's mind because in all likelihood even Bo doesn't know how he'd react if THE Ohio State faxed him a nice fat contract. D-1 football is a full time occupation and I doubt Bo spends his private moments worrying about who's going to offer him more money and what he'll do when they do.

I seem to remember Bo saying that he came to Nebraska to win Championships, and not just a conference title championship, but national championships.

So I wouldn't be worried about Bo leaving Nebraska until we win a National Championship. I don't know Bo to give up on a goal once he has put it in front of him. With the way he has turned the program around, i would expect him to stay here with Nebraska until his contract expires in 2015, i think?

2. the NFL

I've heard this a couple of times too. Ubben from the Big12 blog said that Pelini and OSU haven't been on good terms for some time.

And if Bo left NU for ND I think I would blow my brains out. :ahhhhhhhh

so were roy williams' ties to north carolina and bear bryant's to alabama. both returned to their alma maters when they were asked.

bottom line, no-one knows until the question is really asked.