Salt on the Wound

Ive heard it several times from players. Most of them dont like playing for Anderson. He is not well respected in his own dugout. You think this would come through in recruting, but I think its hard for many players offered by NU to pass it up based on the past success, however, I think that may begin to fade if nothing is done.

You've heard it from players themselves? Not asking you to name names, just want to make sure this is a 1st person account, because I think not everybody believes it yet, and applaud TO for being so inscrutably wise in his decision making in this situation :facepalm:

I have heard it from 2 players. They also said there are quite a few players that feel the same. To put it blunt, they said hes a complete jackass. Maybe thats just them being sensitive, but maybe thats how it is. But overall, something isnt right.

I good friends with a guy who's cousin is a pitcher. He said most of the older guys have told the younger players to leave UNL if they want to be successful in baseball because Anderson has no idea what he is doing anymore and his attitude (Anderson) has shown a lot.

I think a LOT of people love hearing this news - how many opponent programs will we play this year and next? I think tons of people are cheering.

I haven't figured out College Baseball's recruiting hierarchy - I'm not sure it can be.

The Perennials will get a lot of attention from prospects that also are first-targets for the pro's. If those programs chase only those 4- and 5-star types, most of those are gone to the Minors. And if those programs have appeared to have turned their back on 'lesser' talent, those players might go to competitors just for pay-back and sweet revenge. "Anywhere but ____" is a frequent comment, from the "Hell hath no fury like a player scorned" Dept.

It's got to be a difficult line to balance. I think some of the low- and mid-level school achieve occasional brilliance by snagging some of those vengeful overlooked prospects who use that as motivation to decide to commit to improvement on a level they'd never shown in their high-school years. Then there are others who finally kick in the physical and emotional development capabilities.

But at the end of each season, I look at the skill development from beginning to end. That's where a coach demonstrates his worth.

I've seen a lot of freshman players in the last couple of weeks demonstrate outstanding skills with only a little bit of on-field time under their belts. That always speaks well of a coaching staff. When I hear "young players" as an excuse this time of year, I know THAT coaching staff isn't doing it like other coaching staffs are - opponents' coaching staffs.

Ive heard it several times from players. Most of them dont like playing for Anderson. He is not well respected in his own dugout. You think this would come through in recruting, but I think its hard for many players offered by NU to pass it up based on the past success, however, I think that may begin to fade if nothing is done.

You've heard it from players themselves? Not asking you to name names, just want to make sure this is a 1st person account, because I think not everybody believes it yet, and applaud TO for being so inscrutably wise in his decision making in this situation :facepalm:

I have heard it from 2 players. They also said there are quite a few players that feel the same. To put it blunt, they said hes a complete jackass. Maybe thats just them being sensitive, but maybe thats how it is. But overall, something isnt right.

Cool, thanks for sharing. People have been saying this for years, so at some point it eliminates the probability of merely oversensitive players and it becomes a severe cause for concern regarding the personality of Mike Anderson. And yet it seems most Nebraska fans only care about football and just go with what the read in the LJS, MOD EDIT - Language and making excuses for him.

It's OK to be upset about what's going on, but let's keep it clean.

HAHA, i was pissed off reading these comments and thinking about how bad the team is, but reading the MOD edit made me laugh. I think I can figure out what it said, but having it edited makes it so much funnier! To NC949597 and the MOD that made the edit: thank you, HILARIOUS

Cool, thanks for sharing. People have been saying this for years, so at some point it eliminates the probability of merely oversensitive players and it becomes a severe cause for concern regarding the personality of Mike Anderson. And yet it seems most Nebraska fans only care about football and just go with what the read in the LJS, MOD EDIT - Language and making excuses for him.

It's OK to be upset about what's going on, but let's keep it clean.

HAHA, i was pissed off reading these comments and thinking about how bad the team is, but reading the MOD edit made me laugh. I think I can figure out what it said, but having it edited makes it so much funnier! To NC949597 and the MOD that made the edit: thank you, HILARIOUS

I was laughing at him as well.

If it helps a little, my team is 13-31 overall and last in their conference.

This is after a nice run in 2008 and losing 11 players to the draft in 2009.

Some are also calling for big changes in our coaching staff. For us, pitching is the key weakness.

I've always been one to wait it out, probably to a fault.

Not my place to comment on your coaching staff, not the reason for this rely.

I am a big fan of NU baseball, having attended many games during my 15 years in the state.

The Haymarket is one of the best fields in the country. Some of the best baseball I have seen, on any level, was right inside Rosenblatt .

Was hoping to see my team against Vanny last weekend, but nature had other plans.

Hang in their Huskers, support the team, go out and enjoy some baseball.

( Red=Dawgs and Scarlet=Huskers, hence my login name.)

There are several good coaches in the Arizona Junior College's. This is a baseball state starting with T-Ball. That's all you see here during the spring and summer, kids are all over the parks. Nebraska would have no problem getting one of these coaches to jump, at coaching at Nebraska. They all have good inroads in recruiting in this area,and that would be big in getting some of the good players through out the high schools in this and surrounding states. It seemed to work before !!!

GBR!!!