18. Penn St.

19. Georgia

20. Florida St.

21. South Carolina

22. West Virginia

23. Wisconsin

24. Houston

25. Arizona

One thing I noticed is that if you take the first letters of the teams from #'s 1-10, and put them in a line, it spells "OOATNBFUMO". Do you know what that means? Absolutely NOTHING. Just like preseason polls.

Case in point: My link

Although it's always nice to have NU mentioned. ;)

That revised Top 25 from 2009 isn't too far off...

Yep, they only missed #1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,and 25. Congrats that they nailed #13 Georgia Tech!

It's definitely in our best interest for OU to retake the south. CCG in Jerryland with Cowboy-fans getting first dibs on tickets makes it a longhorn homegame if they make it. Plus, as unscientific a reason as this is, it just seems like we're cursed when it comes to Texas and I like our chances with the refs better against OU.

Heh. I know what you mean. It seems we have the worst karma imaginable vs Texas. We went through the same thing with OU in the 70s too though. Anything that could go wrong....did. Year after year. Then the 80's and 90's came and it was mostly the other way around.

I think Bo will have us blasting though it soon.

Notably absent are Okie Lite, Kansas, Mizzou and TTU. Only 3 B12 teams on that list. Wasn't there something like 6 or 7 B12 teams in the pre-season polls last year?

I'm not sure about Phil's from last year, but most preseason had NU and KU in the north, and UT, OU, and OSU from the south, and about half had TTU and half didn't. So 5-6.

Notably absent are Okie Lite, Kansas, Mizzou and TTU. Only 3 B12 teams on that list. Wasn't there something like 6 or 7 B12 teams in the pre-season polls last year?

Last year there was four. OU, Texas, Ok St & NU.

Those were the 4 teams in Steele's preseason poll last year, and I think someone mentioned it already but it was those 4 plus KU in the AP, with TT in 26th.

Wow. OU at #1. Bold prediction. Some other polls have don’t even have the Hillbillies in the top ten.

It isn't surprising in the least that he put OU there. Steele values two metrics a great deal (as he should); turnover margin and injury rate. The reason being is because those are two of the biggest predictors of future success due to heavy regression to the mean (even moreso in the talent/schedule neutral pro game). Add returning experience (particularly at the college level) to those two and you have the nuts and bolts of a good predictor.

That's a lot of the same reasoning behind picking Nebraska where he did. When you have two really good defenses like OU and NU had and they didn't heavily rely on large turnover margins, that spells good things the following year.

Oklahoma was a good team last year. A really good team. They were simply a very unlucky team. That should even out for them this year, and that's a large part of what Steele is banking on.

I'm really surprised that LSU isn't mentioned in there. I think for sure they'll be in the Top 20. They cause headaches for everyone, and they're the luckiest team in college football. If you're not beating them by at least 2 scores (9 points) at the end of a game, you're pretty much guaranteed to lose.

I'm really surprised that LSU isn't mentioned in there. I think for sure they'll be in the Top 20. They cause headaches for everyone, and they're the luckiest team in college football. If you're not beating them by at least 2 scores (9 points) at the end of a game, you're pretty much guaranteed to lose.

Having Les Miles as a coach isn't very lucky :laughpound

If our lofty ranking is true then either Cally didn't screw us up as bad as we thought or Bo is a great coach with a top notch staff. I prefer the latter.

Bill Callahan's problem was never recruiting, it was coaching. He felt he just had to bring in talent and let it do its thing. Bo knows you have to mold talent into something useful.

The difference between Bill Callahan and Bo Pelini is this:

What Bill Callahan put on the field:

gold3.jpg

What Bo Pelini puts on the field:

gold1.jpg

• Fire 1
If our lofty ranking is true then either Cally didn't screw us up as bad as we thought or Bo is a great coach with a top notch staff. I prefer the latter.

Bill Callahan's problem was never recruiting, it was coaching. He felt he just had to bring in talent and let it do its thing. Bo knows you have to mold talent into something useful.

The difference between Bill Callahan and Bo Pelini is this:

What Bill Callahan put on the field:

gold3.jpg

What Bo Pelini puts on the field:

gold1.jpg

+1

A truer analogy has never been made

Hey cacti, whats the word on Parker? Anything yet?

Not yet, won't know much until the MLB draft.

He went 26th to the Rockies. f#*k. We need another QB.

Yeah, I was watching the Rockies game tonight, and heard that.