Six Big 12 teams heading for the Pac-10?

Nexus

So if this rumor has any truth to it, what becomes of Beebe's relationship with the Pac-10 commish, Larry Scott? It was only a few weeks ago when it was reported that they met up and had a conversation about a joint TV alliance?

Do you think Beebe is in on this too? I can't imagine Mr. Scott pulling the wool over Beebe's eyes like that? Then again, it's a business and business can get ugly sometimes.

it makes you wonder when you look at the timeline and events.

what was it three weeks ago the big 12 had the meeting with the pac 10 to discuss a jiont venture in a tv network.

it almost sounds like beebe was sharing his conference with the pac 10 at least the southern half.

he could not be that stupid to make the remarks about who is on the plane.....and then have this happen without some

knowledge or sense of it going on.

but he always said that he was friends with delaney and smith.....sounds like those two paid attention when they

watched the godfather.

I'm quoting this from a comment made below in the new Sam McKewon article that was published this morning.

The only reason Chip Brown (a former DMN hack and notorious Nebraska hater) wrote that article is because his superiors (Dodds, et al) told him to so it would attempt to erode any leverage Nebraska had in discussions.

Judging by the comments on the OU and aTm boards, not only are these schools against a Pac-10 move, they're starting to come to Nebraska's side and get traction to block UT's Longwhorn network.

Texas won't care for the schools ganging up on it, because once they realize they can put Texas in their (deserved) place, they know it won't stop. Matt

I really hope we go to the Big 10 if this happens. Come to think of it, why is the Pac-10 considering Colorado over us anyway? Obviously they're closer geographically, but I don't think that's a big deal considering how far away all the Big 12 teams are. We have much more cache and much more prestige than Colorado does in athletics. I think I'd rather go to the Pac 10 than the Big 10. I think the games would be more fun to watch and we could pull from both Texas and the West Coast in recruiting.

The most obvious answer is that the Pac-10 knows an offer to Nebraska would be rejected, because Nebraska already has a prior commitment to the Big 10.

And looking at the school holistically, Nebraska would be better off in the Big 10 by several steps over a merger with the Pac-10. The CIC, the Big Ten Network, association with schools like tOSU, Michigan, Penn State, etc would be a huge boon to Nebraska academically and athletically.

Further, we'd be brought in as a coveted prize, not looked at like "the enemy" as we were when the Big 12 was formed, and we would not be legislated against like we have been throughout the history of the Big 12. The Big 10, as we can tell by the various Big 10 fan visitors we've had to HuskerBoard, would welcome us with open arms, treat us as an equal, listen to our concerns and take them into consideration when making conference-affecting decisions, and would not overtly screw us over every step of the way.

I think we're at a position now where once this sh#t starts, it's going to be a typhoon. We could see college football completely transformed, playoffs and all, within three years.

I completely agree, and I sincerely hope this happens. I have been a playoff advocate for decades. It's about freaking time.

Speaking of playoffs, notice how Congress pushed out some rhetoric several months ago regarding anti-trust and playoffs and whatnot and, even though nothing major has happened politically to push that talk to the back burner for this long, suddenly that talk stopped and there is no more rumor about Congress getting involved. There is definitely a reason for that.

As soon as I read this, i started to laugh. This really is getting interesting, especially when the Colorado AD confirmed that the rumor was true that the Pac-10 maybe be looking to take 6 Big 12 schools and expand to a 8 team split conference. Pac-10 director said it was a scenario that they are considering along with others.

My take, if 6 teams leave for the Pac-10 and NU and MU leave for the Big 10, i feel sorry for the 4 schools that will be left out. I am pretty sure Kansas will find a good conference to be in. ISU, Baylor and KSU, well maybe they will get picked up by the MWC, or C-USA.

Sorry I didn't see the expansion thread so I reposted this, you can delete that other one.

More from the ever on going rumor mill. Is this thing getting carried away and is there any truth to any of it. If so this would pretty much do away with the Big XII. I know they are having meetings in KC begging for it to stay in tact but it seems like they need to ante out some more money or find a big TV contract to split the additional money evenly.

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1090747

I think we're at a position now where once this sh#t starts, it's going to be a typhoon. We could see college football completely transformed, playoffs and all, within three years.

I completely agree, and I sincerely hope this happens. I have been a playoff advocate for decades. It's about freaking time.

Speaking of playoffs, notice how Congress pushed out some rhetoric several months ago regarding anti-trust and playoffs and whatnot and, even though nothing major has happened politically to push that talk to the back burner for this long, suddenly that talk stopped and there is no more rumor about Congress getting involved. There is definitely a reason for that.

tin_foil.jpg

There's no other explanation!!!

ISU really hasn't done much of anything for a long time....same with Baylor (basketball though)....so why not let them drop off to a smaller conference? I will be sad to see playoffs and the bowl system gone...Maybe they can keep a bowl structure as the playoffs...of course a lot of the bowl names are starting to get really really stupid....kraft fight hunger?

tin_foil.jpg

Or... It could be a well-thought-out and reasonable plan to improve a number of schools both athletically and academically, a process which congress is loathe to interfere with until all factors are weighed.

But if you want to put on your tin hat and worry about "them," nobody's stopping you.

tin_foil.jpg

Or... It could be a well-thought-out and reasonable plan to improve a number of schools both athletically and academically, a process which congress is loathe to interfere with until all factors are weighed.

But if you want to put on your tin hat and worry about "them," nobody's stopping you.

Dude, I was joking.

Though I would say that looks a lot more like coincidence to me. The fact that it's happened within the same season/offseason cycle is interesting, but with all the other crap the government is worried about, the political will to instigate a gigantic reformation of college football...seems a few blocks out of their jurisdiction and not worth the effort.

• Fire 1

Dude, I was joking.

Though I would say that looks a lot more like coincidence to me. The fact that it's happened within the same season/offseason cycle is interesting, but with all the other crap the government is worried about, the political will to instigate a gigantic reformation of college football...seems a few blocks out of their jurisdiction and not worth the effort.

OK, my apologies. Really.

I'm not saying congress is behind this move. I'm just saying congress was rattling their saber at the BCS and has now backed off because they probably realize the BCS is going to blow up soon, and any action they took now would be irrelevant. I don't think congress has a thing to do with expansion.

it almost sounds like beebe was sharing his conference with the pac 10 at least the southern half.

he could not be that stupid to make the remarks about who is on the plane.....and then have this happen without some

knowledge or sense of it going on.

but he always said that he was friends with delaney and smith.....sounds like those two paid attention when they

watched the godfather.

Yes, Beebe really is that stupid. He will do whatever it takes to protect Texa$$, include make a deal.

Part of me thinks that this is true, and part of me thinks that it is a bunch of BS meant to put the screws to NU (specifically) and to UM (secondarily). I also have a hard time believing that Texa$$ would scrap plans for a Longwhorn Network for a few extra million in guaranteed TV money.