Six Big 12 teams heading for the Pac-10?

Nexus

If this all does go down, it would be nice to join the Big 10, but I also think joining the Mountain West wouldn't be so bad. They have some good teams there already, on the verge of getting a automatic bid to the BCS anyways. There are rumors Boise State is looking to join, if we went to the Mountain West, we would be one, if not THEE top dog. Which would mean us getting a BCS invite almost every year, possibly playing for national championships. We would still have somewhat of a foothold in Texas still with TCU, not much but it's better than nothing. With a core nucleus of Nebraska, BYU, Utah, Boise State, and TCU, that isn't too bad of a football conference if you ask me. That's 3 top ten teams for this year, plus solid teams in BYU and Utah. Just something interesting to think about.

HAHA Funny :facepalm: I cant wait till we get that rivalry going with Utah!

I think we'd all better hope that we get into the Big 10, because if not, I'd say we're in deep sh#t.

Nebraska is too valuable. Someone with the sensibilities for the finer programs in life is going to make sure Nebraska is in a cozy, lucrative conference and shining like it's meant to. Where that happens to be is still a bit of a question, but I'd be pretty astounded if NU wasn't Big 10 bound and that right soon.

I agree - it's almost unthinkable that we'd be left out of a major conference. Still, it can be kind of nerve-wracking. All in all, this is pretty exciting and I realize that nothing lasts forever and things are bound to change. I'm looking forward to new games and rivalries, not only for Nebraska but for all of college football. You can't tell me you won't like seeing OU and USC meet up on Saturdays, or Notre Dame and Nebraska. Even so, it's kind of sad that we'll be saying goodbye to most of the teams we've had a century-long series with. I hope in the end that we can see balanced conferences all around and maintain what makes watching the games on Saturdays so much fun.

The proposed scenario is actually what I would hope would happen, but only with NU included instead of one of the other schools. In this scenario, without NU, I don't like the idea of being left in the cold with the other Big10 schools (unless we get sec offer like knapp predicts). Over the long haul, this would seriously impact recruiting. The Pac10 and expanded SEC would rule the gridiron, by far, compared to "us" cold weather schools.

If the Pac 10 makes that move I think it is going to accelerate the Big Ten to makes it's move. I don't see Nebraska getting left out of the Power Conferences, in fact the Big Ten will need Nebraska even more so just to keep up with the Pac 10, with the Pac 10 adding Texas and OU, the Big 10 needs to add star power of it's own, ie. Nebraska and ND. Mizzou and a bunch of Big East schools aren't going to do it. Also you have to think, Barry Alvarez is very well respected and has a lot of influence in the Big 10, he's not just going to sit back and watch his Alma mater get left in the dust.

I think we're at a position now where once this sh#t starts, it's going to be a typhoon. We could see college football completely transformed, playoffs and all, within three years.

I've been saying it for years. If there is ever to be a playoff system, the conference setups we have now have to change. I'm very excited for the future.

If the Pac 10 makes that move I think it is going to accelerate the Big Ten to makes it's move. I don't see Nebraska getting left out of the Power Conferences, in fact the Big Ten will need Nebraska even more so just to keep up with the Pac 10, with the Pac 10 adding Texas and OU, the Big 10 needs to add star power of it's own, ie. Nebraska and ND. Mizzou and a bunch of Big East schools aren't going to do it. Also you have to think, Barry Alvarez is very well respected and has a lot of influence in the Big 10, he's not just going to sit back and watch his Alma mater get left in the dust.

Good point about Alvarez, I hadn't thought about that. I also really hope Notre Dame joins as well. I know most people hate them, but you can't deny they're a powerful and influential school and will greatly help the new conference that forms (assuming they join and we join). They have a tremendous following, probably the biggest in the nation, and that means that the more people who watch them, the more people who watch us. I'm starting to get very excited about all this. Can't wait to see where it goes.

So if this rumor has any truth to it, what becomes of Beebe's relationship with the Pac-10 commish, Larry Scott? It was only a few weeks ago when it was reported that they met up and had a conversation about a joint TV alliance?

Do you think Beebe is in on this too? I can't imagine Mr. Scott pulling the wool over Beebe's eyes like that? Then again, it's a business and business can get ugly sometimes.

well this surprises me to say the least. The strength of that potential pac 10 conference would be crazy. if we get these super conferences there could easy be years where the conference winner has a bunch of losses, no? are we going to enjoy our national title game of 10-2 USC versus 9-3 Florida or whatever? Meanwhile Boise State is still undefeated lol. The thing that scares me is how reliable this source is and how he says Nebraska has to be careful to not be left out of this.

well this surprises me to say the least. The strength of that potential pac 10 conference would be crazy. if we get these super conferences there could easy be years where the conference winner has a bunch of losses, no? are we going to enjoy our national title game of 10-2 USC versus 9-3 Florida or whatever? Meanwhile Boise State is still undefeated lol. The thing that scares me is how reliable this source is and how he says Nebraska has to be careful to not be left out of this.

From various sites I've read that the Chip Brown is somewhat "anti-Nebraska" and apparently when he went on radio a couple hours after breaking the story online, he toned down his rhetoric towards dear ol' NU.

So if this rumor has any truth to it, what becomes of Beebe's relationship with the Pac-10 commish, Larry Scott? It was only a few weeks ago when it was reported that they met up and had a conversation about a joint TV alliance?

Do you think Beebe is in on this too? I can't imagine Mr. Scott pulling the wool over Beebe's eyes like that? Then again, it's a business and business can get ugly sometimes.

it makes you wonder when you look at the timeline and events.

what was it three weeks ago the big 12 had the meeting with the pac 10 to discuss a jiont venture in a tv network.

it almost sounds like beebe was sharing his conference with the pac 10 at least the southern half.

he could not be that stupid to make the remarks about who is on the plane.....and then have this happen without some

knowledge or sense of it going on.

but he always said that he was friends with delaney and smith.....sounds like those two paid attention when they

watched the godfather.