BIG 10 Here We Come!

I can't wait to be in the Big-10 and usher in the superconference era. Sounds like the Kansas schools will be joining the MWC. We will make WAY more money in the Big-10 and we are a great fit to be playing Iowa and Michigan and Ohio State. We and Missouri should let the Big 10 know we want an offer this week. Acedemics will be a much better fit as well. When the Big 10 also invites Rutgers we will get even more money from the NY market for our conference. Time to show Ohio State that we are going to be the new power to be dealt with. Go Huskers!

• Fire 1

I can't wait to be in the Big-10 and usher in the superconference era. Sounds like the Kansas schools will be joining the MWC. We will make WAY more money in the Big-10 and we are a great fit to be playing Iowa and Michigan and Ohio State. We and Missouri should let the Big 10 know we want an offer this week. Acedemics will be a much better fit as well. When the Big 10 also invites Rutgers we will get even more money from the NY market for our conference. Time to show Ohio State that we are going to be the new power to be dealt with. Go Huskers!

welcome to the board.

I hope ND joins with us.

ND will likely join as soon as BIG TEN invites Nebraska, Missouri, Rutgers, Syracuse and Notre Dame. What a powerhouse 16 team league this will be. Going to be great handing it to Ohio State, Iowa, Michigan and the Irish! The money generated will be unreal and ND will join a 16 team superconference as they are already considering it strongly.

I hope ND joins with us.

ND will likely join as soon as BIG TEN invites Nebraska, Missouri, Rutgers, Syracuse and Notre Dame. What a powerhouse 16 team league this will be. Going to be great handing it to Ohio State, Iowa, Michigan and the Irish! The money generated will be unreal and ND will join a 16 team superconference as they are already considering it strongly.

ahhhh the best laid plans. Aside from us and tOSU, I wouldn't put any of these teams in the "powerhouse" class. Joke is more like it.

I don't think we'd be a powerhouse conference, not compared to what the SEC will become by adding some combo of Miami, FSU, UNC, Clemson, GT.. and not what the Pac 16 will be with added UT, OU, OSU, and aTm. Maybe compared to whatever is leftover of the Big East/ACC... Ideally (it will never happen) I'd want NU, ND, pitt, WVU, and VT to the big 10. Missouri can wither away.

Really? You think Nebraska is worse than any of those teams listed that could join other conferences? The SEC adding teams like Miami and FSU may increase their strength or it may balance the power a bit more. Florida starts having to share recruits with two other major players...and to me the pac10 is already the weakest of the group so adding Texas and OU would level the playing field. I fail to see how adding ND and Nebraska to Ohio state, penn st, michigan would make it a weak conference...

Really? You think Nebraska is worse than any of those teams listed that could join other conferences? The SEC adding teams like Miami and FSU may increase their strength or it may balance the power a bit more. Florida starts having to share recruits with two other major players...and to me the pac10 is already the weakest of the group so adding Texas and OU would level the playing field. I fail to see how adding ND and Nebraska to Ohio state, penn st, michigan would make it a weak conference...

I am with you Ira. The Big Ten will be a hell of a conference. Bottom line is we will earn ALOT more in revenue. In all these conferences you want the competition to be strong, just not ridiculously strong so it is too hard to be at the top. Big Ten will provide us a great competitive conference and games against Penn St, Ohio St, or ND will be classic!

Frank the Tank's sources agree with Chip Brown that if Notre Dame agrees to join the Big 10, they will stop at 12. No other invites will be extended. If this is true, everything hinges on Notre Dame and leaves Nebraska in a bit of a precarious spot. If we wait on Notre Dame, the Pac-6 could leave for the left coast. While most think that all of the other conferences would respond with expansions of their own, there is no guarantee that this will happen.

Notre Dame wants to retain their independence, but they might see that they don't have a choice. They can either join the Big 10 on their own terms, or they can wait for the college football landscape to blow up and be forced to join on the Big 10's terms.

I was confident last week that we would be joining the Big 10. I am much less sure about our situation now.