welcome from B10 land!

Thanks for the kind words, folks.

It's great to hear that some of you have an open mind to joining the B10 and might even see some positives to it.

As a side note: most CFB fans are aware of Nebraska's tradition, NCs, Heismans and whatnot, but you know what put me in awe of the Huskers?

When I was a little kid, NU played Minnesota and beat them 84-10 or 84-14 or something. I remember reading the newspaper box score of that game in total astonishment. I mean, Minnesota sucks but 84 points?!

IIRC they scored 70-something in a game later that season. Can any of you hardcores tell me what year that was?

84-13

They had a nickname for our offense that year. We were known as "The Scoring Explosion".

darn it nexus, you beat me to it. Maybe I need to take a typing class so i can alittle faster in that department.

84-13

They had a nickname for our offense that year. We were known as "The Scoring Explosion".

darn it nexus, you beat me to it. Maybe I need to take a typing class so i can alittle faster in that department.

Nexus is quick, but I even posted a video! Where's the love?!?!? :dunno

84-13

Nexus is quick, but I even posted a video! Where's the love?!?!? :dunno

knapplc beat me to it. Give that boy his due. +1

Thanks for the kind words, folks.

It's great to hear that some of you have an open mind to joining the B10 and might even see some positives to it.

As a side note: most CFB fans are aware of Nebraska's tradition, NCs, Heismans and whatnot, but you know what put me in awe of the Huskers?

When I was a little kid, NU played Minnesota and beat them 84-10 or 84-14 or something. I remember reading the newspaper box score of that game in total astonishment. I mean, Minnesota sucks but 84 points?!

IIRC they scored 70-something in a game later that season. Can any of you hardcores tell me what year that was?

That would be 1983, the "Scoring Explosion" year. Turner Gill, Mike Rozier and Irving Fryar. :thumbs

Part of the reason for that crazy score against Minnesota was the travel squad restriction. We couldn't bring all 1,000,000,000 of our walk-ons, so we had to play just the first three or four units. The first and second string ran the Gophers into the ground in the first quarter or so, so Osborne put in the scrubs. But they kept running up and down the field and they needed a breather, so he had to use just about everybody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF_94kfQv_4

Tom needs to loan Bo those red pants for a game or two next year

thanks for all the replies, guys. this is great! :worship

A great thing about this board (and Husker fans in general) is that we welcoming to fans of other teams and we are knowledgable about football. In five minutes of your request, you got 6 replies from 6 different posters, many with links. I really like that discussions are often backed up with links and sources (our line out weighs your line by 34.3 pounds and has on average 3 more starts per person), and very little "because your line couldn't block my mama" arguments that are so prevalent on other boards. And members are held up to high standards as far as personal attacks.

Welcome aboard.

A great thing about this board (and Husker fans in general) is that we welcoming to fans of other teams and we are knowledgable about football. In five minutes of your request, you got 6 replies from 6 different posters, many with links. I really like that discussions are often backed up with links and sources (our line out weighs your line by 34.3 pounds and has on average 3 more starts per person), and very little "because your line couldn't block my mama" arguments that are so prevalent on other boards. And members are held up to high standards as far as personal attacks.

Welcome aboard.

I expected no less. you guys LIVE this stuff. this is why we want you in our conference (G*d willing).

Welcome aboard.

I expected no less. you guys LIVE this stuff. this is why we want you in our conference (G*d willing).

Well Buckeye7..I hope we see you on the field very soon and every year after. Looking forward to a hard fought rivalry with Ohio St and others in the Big Ten. Hope they wrap this all up for us soon. I think we will stand up well to the SEC. :cheers

A great thing about this board (and Husker fans in general) is that we welcoming to fans of other teams and we are knowledgable about football. In five minutes of your request, you got 6 replies from 6 different posters, many with links. I really like that discussions are often backed up with links and sources (our line out weighs your line by 34.3 pounds and has on average 3 more starts per person), and very little "because your line couldn't block my mama" arguments that are so prevalent on other boards. And members are held up to high standards as far as personal attacks.Welcome aboard.
Well Buckeye7..I hope we see you on the field very soon and every year after. Looking forward to a hard fought rivalry with Ohio St and others in the Big Ten. Hope they wrap this all up for us soon. I think we will stand up well to the SEC. :cheers

Probably every other year. I doubt we'd be in the same division.(I hope there is enough teams for 2 divisions.)

But we could play twice in some years, once in the regular season and again in the conference championship game.. Now that would be fun.... :snacks::cheers:wasted