Walkons

Former,

Congdon is the cream of the crop. He will win games for Nebraska down the road from what I hear. Learning the ropes but my guess is he will be the kicker before the season starts. Most who have seen him play say he could go directly to the pros today. I doubt he will be here for four years unless a degree is a major concern for him or his family. I have not seen him play, but one of my employees has and said he has never seen anything like him. Carlo attends alot of Cowboy and Charger games and he swears he is as good as any pro kicker he has seen. We shall see how he turns out, but I think in the long run it will prove to be a very good move.

TT,

Have you seen him play or kick. Are you going off the AA game or from real practice with a regulation ball. I heard he had problems with the size of the ball at the AA game. Prior to that he had set the cif record for PA and field goals. SC offered a scholarship among many other pac ten schools.

I have never seen him do anything, but I have first hand knowledge that he hit at least 10 in a row from outside the 50 yardline prior to the cif play off game last year.

Who knows the preasure may be getting to him. We will see down the road.

The problem of kicking w/o a tee is getting the proper height on the ball so it doesn't get blocked. Along with that you have to get the ball even higher because the college athletes are bigger and can jump higher to block it.

He is just a freshman, I'm sure he will come around. We already have a capable kicker in Dyches, so of congdon does step up this year, it is not a total loss.

The problem of kicking w/o a tee is getting the proper height on the ball so it doesn't get blocked. Along with that you have to get the ball even higher because the college athletes are bigger and can jump higher to block it.

He is just a freshman, I'm sure he will come around. We already have a capable kicker in Dyches, so of congdon does step up this year, it is not a total loss.

I heard that Congdon and Dyches will most likely be splitting the kicking duties. From what I hear on the local news, Congdon would be used for longer kicks and Dyches will handle the PAT's and FG within 40 yds. Plus I heard stuff about Congdon making 60 yarders during practice. Anyone else heard the same thing?

The problem of kicking w/o a tee is getting the proper height on the ball so it doesn't get blocked.  Along with that you have to get the ball even higher because the college athletes are bigger and can jump higher to block it. 

He is just a freshman, I'm sure he will come around.  We already have a capable kicker in Dyches, so of congdon does step up this year,  it is not a total loss.

I heard that Congdon and Dyches will most likely be splitting the kicking duties. From what I hear on the local news, Congdon would be used for longer kicks and Dyches will handle the PAT's and FG within 40 yds. Plus I heard stuff about Congdon making 60 yarders during practice. Anyone else heard the same thing?

I've heard that they are about neck and neck. There are a couple of different scenarios that could play out like you said of them splitting time kicking.

I was going off Congdon's quote in the newspaper the other day where he said the others were better from 40+.

I agree that, in time, he may become a fine kicker. I like his humbleness and have heard good things about his work ethic. What I dispute is that he could be in the NFL right NOW. His personal kicking coach said he believes Congdon will be in the pros one day, but I don't believe he said Jordan could be in the pros today.