ND wait til after NU and MU

Notre Dame wants to stay independent and should for now. The superconferences are coming but ND has a year or two to wait if they want. NU and MU should be invited this week if the Big Ten is smart. Let the landscape evolve in the best way and ND can then be team 14, 15, or 16 when they choose. They will NEVER risk being left out. They have a spot up to the last one no matter what. In a couple of years we will have a very evenly matched PAC-16, BIG-16, SEC and a bit weaker combined ACC/Big East with nice national geographic divides that will consistently produce the most compelling football and probably lead to a great playoff system and national championship. NU is ready for Ohio St, Iowa, Penn St and BIG TEN football. Hell, I even am looking forward to helping push Missouri down the Big Ten standings! :cheers

Notre Dame wants to stay independent and should for now. The superconferences are coming but ND has a year or two to wait if they want. NU and MU should be invited this week if the Big Ten is smart. Let the landscape evolve in the best way and ND can then be team 14, 15, or 16 when they choose. They will NEVER risk being left out. They have a spot up to the last one no matter what. In a couple of years we will have a very evenly matched PAC-16, BIG-16, SEC and a bit weaker combined ACC/Big East with nice national geographic divides that will consistently produce the most compelling football and probably lead to a great playoff system and national championship. NU is ready for Ohio St, Iowa, Penn St and BIG TEN football. Hell, I even am looking forward to helping push Missouri down the Big Ten standings! :cheers

While I am cautiously excited about the Big10, ND is in the driverseat. SO your saying that ND is going to let the conferences reallign and then choose which it wants to join? Maybe so but it's still a risk on their behalf to wait.

And here i thought you were saying that Notre Dame was wating for news about Nebraska and Missouri before they made their move. If Notre Dame is waiting for that. As the Big 10, i would just invite Nebraska and Missouri to be safe. Because what if you don't invite them thinking that Notre Dame will join you and turn out they don't. Then you lose. But if you invite Nebraska and Missouri and whether or not Notre Dame joins, the Big 10 still wins.

So if the Big 10 invites Nebraska and Missori, no matter what Notre Dame does, the Big 10 still wins.

But if they don't, the run the risk of gaining little to nothing if Notre Dame turns them down again.

I'm not sure about even super-conferences... the new SEC with Florida, Bama, Georgia, LSU, Auburn, and Tennessee (if they get it together) combined with probably FSU, Miami, and some combination of UNC, Clemson, GT, or VT, will be an extremely strong conference. All the players from those respective states will stay home to play as well. I am very concerned about how we will recruit while in the Big 10 without a foothold in Texas. People say that "we have always recruited nationally." Yes, we have, but that was before the super-conference. Players that we reach out to in LA and FL will have less and less incentive to leave with that many more programs that much closer in the new conference. SEC will own, followed by Pac-16.

While I am cautiously excited about the Big10, ND is in the driverseat. SO your saying that ND is going to let the conferences reallign and then choose which it wants to join? Maybe so but it's still a risk on their behalf to wait.

there is no risk for them to wait, the big 10 has been begging them to join for over 100 years, the day that Notre Dame askes to join the big 10 is the day they get invited.

I'm not sure about even super-conferences... the new SEC with Florida, Bama, Georgia, LSU, Auburn, and Tennessee (if they get it together) combined with probably FSU, Miami, and some combination of UNC, Clemson, GT, or VT, will be an extremely strong conference. All the players from those respective states will stay home to play as well. I am very concerned about how we will recruit while in the Big 10 without a foothold in Texas. People say that "we have always recruited nationally." Yes, we have, but that was before the super-conference. Players that we reach out to in LA and FL will have less and less incentive to leave with that many more programs that much closer in the new conference. SEC will own, followed by Pac-16.

ND will join the Big Ten/16, just in a year or so is my bet. With Ohio St, Penn St, Nebraska, Michigan, Iowa and eventually ND there will be enough strong schools to recruit well and our increased revenue with them and the NY market will make us the richest conference. The top 4 or 5 programs in the future Big Ten will be balanced better than anywhere in the nation with optimal hard fought competition to win their division and fight for the comference championship. We will be balanced better than in the SEC where just a few teams at most will probably regularly be at the top. The Big Ten allows the Nebraska brand of football where we know we can compete with and beat anybody to best function. I think there is slight worry about ND joining but there shouldn't be as soon enough they will have to. They will come in before the superconference era likely starts play in 2012. Once NU and MU get the invites all the drama can end. :thumbs

It will be interesting to see what the SEC does, if expanding is all about money what teams can they add that will be in markets they don't already own?

It may be possible that the SEC has maxed out their earning potential

They may add just to keep up with the Jones' but it may not benefit the conference if they have four more teams to split the money with