Texas says they tried...

And I want to know how they can promote the Bevo Network over a Big 12 network and still say they did everything they could to save the conference? I'd like to hear one constructive thing they actually did or proposed to do to try to save the conference.

Nebraska is going to the Big 10 for business reasons. Leaving Texas is a very nice side effect. Leaving the rest of the conference that kowtowed to Texas for 15 years doesn't bother me any either.

Reports are that Texas officials meet with TU's staff and told them that "We tried to save the Big12, but we where unsuccessful." The source? Chip Brown of Orangebloods.com* of course. He was even kind enough to repeat the statement twice in his 90 second spot on SportCenter, just in case the listeners at home missed it the first time.

It's great to see the Texas media is wasting no time in blaming the demise of the Big 12 on big bad NU! Can you believe the nerve of these guys?

*No link yet, but I'll post one when he updates his site.

By "we tried" does he mean that him and his "ad source" aka Doods, have been on a major smear campaign against NE and MU. Guilt trip and blame NE, trash talk MU. Every article this guy has put out has a spin on it and the AP is eating this stuff up. Everything is linked back to orangebloods, which is linked to doods. Glad they worked so hard to fix things.

Reports are that Texas officials meet with TU's staff and told them that "We tried to save the Big12, but we where unsuccessful." The source? Chip Brown of Orangebloods.com* of course. He was even kind enough to repeat the statement twice in his 90 second spot on SportCenter, just in case the listeners at home missed it the first time.

It's great to see the Texas media is wasting no time in blaming the demise of the Big 12 on big bad NU! Can you believe the nerve of these guys?

*No link yet, but I'll post one when he updates his site.

By "we tried" does he mean that him and his "ad source" aka Doods, have been on a major smear campaign against NE and MU. Guilt trip and blame NE, trash talk MU. Every article this guy has put out has a spin on it and the AP is eating this stuff up. Everything is linked back to orangebloods, which is linked to doods. Glad they worked so hard to fix things.

Yeah, that's the only tangible evidence, a smear campaign and coercing their wipping boy Beebe to make threats against NU and MU. Real solid effort there.

crying_baby.jpg

Oh, poor Texas. They twied so vewy, vewy hawd.

I suppose by tried what they really mean is that they bellowed and holl'rd and threw a Texas size fit the second anyone dared do anything that their majesty hadn't personally wanted. Texas wants to run a conference. Now those days are over. We'll see how they manage that in a 16-team superconference. Either way, good riddance. On to greener pastures. Hopefully at last Osborne brought balance to the force.

And I want to know how they can promote the Bevo Network over a Big 12 network and still say they did everything they could to save the conference? I'd like to hear one constructive thing they actually did or proposed to do to try to save the conference.

Nebraska is going to the Big 10 for business reasons. Leaving Texas is a very nice side effect. Leaving the rest of the conference that kowtowed to Texas for 15 years doesn't bother me any either.

I guess throwing around ultimatums to schools they have no business demanding anything from could be construed as effort. Of course those efforts might have been more effective had TU spent a little less time sending feeler e-mails to any conference that would listen, and instead tried working with the conference on a more reasonable solution than "Boo hoo, if Nebraska leaves we're going to".