Texas says they tried...

Reports are that Texas officials meet with TU's staff and told them that "We tried to save the Big12, but we where unsuccessful." The source? Chip Brown of Orangebloods.com* of course. He was even kind enough to repeat the statement twice in his 90 second spot on SportCenter, just in case the listeners at home missed it the first time.

It's great to see the Texas media is wasting no time in blaming the demise of the Big 12 on big bad NU! Can you believe the nerve of these guys?

*No link yet, but I'll post one when he updates his site.

• Fire 1

Thats a bunch of freakin crap. They started this problem, now they have to deal with it. When the Nebraska finally goes to the big ten and big 12 gets picked apart like a dead rabbit in the forest, they will have no one to blame but themselves.

Chip brown can go..... nevermind, he's not worth the time.

Reports are that Texas officials meet with TU's staff and told them that "We tried to save the Big12, but we where unsuccessful." The source? Chip Brown of Orangebloods.com* of course. He was even kind enough to repeat the statement twice in his 90 second spot on SportCenter, just in case the listeners at home missed it the first time.

It's great to see the Texas media is wasting no time in blaming the demise of the Big 12 on big bad NU! Can you believe the nerve of these guys?

I thought Texas runs the Big 12. They forced this situation. Kinda like the girlfriend that never gets taken to dinner and then when someone shows up that looks good and wants to take them to dinner or move in on the loser boyfriend, they dump the loser boyfriend.

If they really tried, they would have at least indicated a willingness to compromise on the outstanding issues dividing Texas from Nebraska and other schools - i.e. location of the CCG and Texas wanting their own TV network.

I really think Tom went down to the Big-12 meeting last week with every intention of preserving the conference, but with a Big Ten invite as leverage. Rather than working for a amicable solution, Texas was its typical bully self. They got a three-year extension on JerryWorld, and started flinging ultimatums at NU and Missouri.

"Tried to save it" my a$$. The only thing they tried to save were their own egos. Now they have to try to be a team player in the Pac-16 and almost certainly will have to put the TV network dream to bed. I don't think Texas will be able to play the same games over there.

yeah i saw that on ESPN and posted the exact same thing on some other post... texas can lick my hairy boto....... those guys did it to themselves and basicly shot themselves in the foot and are now pissed 'their' conference is shot because finally someone stood up to them... JJ is pissed, dallas is pissed Texas is pissed and its their own fault.... bet every 'major' pac-10 game don't happen in texas anyone....

hows that rust taste now texas????

From their message boards - its who cares about Nebraska, they are nothing, they ain't never did nothing.

If that is true and Texas is so almighty, why can't Texas the Big 12 just replace NU (with say Air Force, Wyoming heck even New Mex St) and keep on going running their fiefdom?

The only benefit of the Pac-16 is to get a running start on one of the 16 team super-conferences. It could be difficult to get 5 or 6 teams to join depleted Big 12 without a big payout in the form of a good TV contract. Other-wise there is NO benefit for Texas.

Texas wouldn't be anything if it wasn't for our concessions in the formation of the B-12. They would still be a bunch of no name, no winning, nobodies. Nobody followed Texas football pre-Vince Young here in Texas, let alone have an intellectual football conversation. They were misinterpreting the kindness of TO and our school officials for weakness! This is the ultimate... :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound

To call it trying is the biggest over statement ever IMHO. Watching that guy repeat that over and over again was absolutely disgusting. It wouldn't be that hard for them to pull another team or two into the conference and keep it going. But the problem in my opinion is that the obvious choices that everyone talks about (Houston, Utah, TCU, BYU and even possibly now Boise St.) don't offer enough population or they're already in texas. They want the populated areas and the TV's that the pac10 can offer.

But to call it trying when you haven't taken a step out the door (they haven't even got a whiff of fresh air yet, we're still "technically" in the conference) is just pathetic. Sorry but that just really ticked me off...

To call it trying is the biggest over statement ever IMHO. Watching that guy repeat that over and over again was absolutely disgusting. It wouldn't be that hard for them to pull another team or two into the conference and keep it going. But the problem in my opinion is that the obvious choices that everyone talks about (Houston, Utah, TCU, BYU and even possibly now Boise St.) don't offer enough population or they're already in texas. They want the populated areas and the TV's that the pac10 can offer.

But to call it trying when you haven't taken a step out the door (they haven't even got a whiff of fresh air yet, we're still "technically" in the conference) is just pathetic. Sorry but that just really ticked me off...

Cool avatar.