Texas says they tried...

Nobody that I've spoken with here in Wisconsin is painting Nebraska as the bad guy. Pretty much everyone here seems to understand that Texas is a vampire that will try to suck the life blood out of any conference it attaches itself to.

Can't wait for the pi$$ing match between UT and USC to see who's the biggest bully on the block. :snacks:

Nobody that I've spoken with here in Wisconsin is painting Nebraska as the bad guy. Pretty much everyone here seems to understand that Texas is a vampire that will try to suck the life blood out of any conference it attaches itself to.

Can't wait for the pi$$ing match between UT and USC to see who's the biggest bully on the block. :snacks:

Not going to be much since USC will be negating a National Championship Trophy, scholarships and honor. Don't know why it took this long, Carroll knew all along(Slime-Ball), and man Lane Kiffin has to feel stupid as the fall guy to USC's demise...What an awesome offseason week!!! :LOLtartar

P.O.T.

Not going to be much since USC will be negating a National Championship Trophy, scholarships and honor. Don't know why it took this long, Carroll knew all along(Slime-Ball), and man Lane Kiffin has to feel stupid as the fall guy to USC's demise...What an awesome offseason week!!! :LOLtartar

carrell got what he wanted...a pay check in the nfl...who cares what happens to usc

Folks, I gotta tell you....this is just downright surrealistic sitting down here in Austin and watching it play out.

First of all, if you're following that bunch on orangebloods.com, take two steps back. The only reason that website exists is to stir the pot every time a good rumor about anything pops up.

Nobody (who matters) down here in Austin is painting Nebraska as a "bad guy". I can assure you that more than anything else, Texas understands that football is, well, just business. Nebraska never really liked the way the money was cut in the Big 12, and for good reason. There's more money to be had in an expanded Big 10. Hell yea, go for it! This gives Texas an excuse to bolt to the Pac 10 (soon to be Pac 16) and take A&M, Colorado and the two Okie schools with us. And yes, no one really cares about Baylor.

Rather than working for a amicable solution, Texas was its typical bully self. They got a three-year extension on JerryWorld, and started flinging ultimatums at NU and Missouri.

Flinging? That's nothing more than planning in advance. TV contracts have to be signed years in advance. Look...we were told by local media here in Austin four months ago that Nebraska and Missouri were ready to bolt. If those two schools are even considering that kind of move, then there's no sense letting the corpse of the Big 12 twist in the wind, as other conferences cherry-pick off one school after another. All Texas was saying was "s*** or get off the pot." This way things are done efficiently and the new conferences can get their TV deals in place quickly....and quickly means more money.

You guys have a great school with a great tradition and fans that, frankly, sometimes I'd kill for as a Texas Ex. But no one here should take anything that's about to happen...or that has happened...personally.

Remember Michael Corleone's line....

"It's not personal, it's business"

Folks, I gotta tell you....this is just downright surrealistic sitting down here in Austin and watching it play out.

First of all, if you're following that bunch on orangebloods.com, take two steps back. The only reason that website exists is to stir the pot every time a good rumor about anything pops up.

Nobody (who matters) down here in Austin is painting Nebraska as a "bad guy". I can assure you that more than anything else, Texas understands that football is, well, just business. Nebraska never really liked the way the money was cut in the Big 12, and for good reason. There's more money to be had in an expanded Big 10. Hell yea, go for it! This gives Texas an excuse to bolt to the Pac 10 (soon to be Pac 16) and take A&M, Colorado and the two Okie schools with us. And yes, no one really cares about Baylor.

Rather than working for a amicable solution, Texas was its typical bully self. They got a three-year extension on JerryWorld, and started flinging ultimatums at NU and Missouri.

Flinging? That's nothing more than planning in advance. TV contracts have to be signed years in advance. Look...we were told by local media here in Austin four months ago that Nebraska and Missouri were ready to bolt. If those two schools are even considering that kind of move, then there's no sense letting the corpse of the Big 12 twist in the wind, as other conferences cherry-pick off one school after another. All Texas was saying was "s*** or get off the pot." This way things are done efficiently and the new conferences can get their TV deals in place quickly....and quickly means more money.

You guys have a great school with a great tradition and fans that, frankly, sometimes I'd kill for as a Texas Ex. But no one here should take anything that's about to happen...or that has happened...personally.

Remember Michael Corleone's line....

"It's not personal, it's business"

We understand, with TU its not about class, or a even cut its about Greed and hating rivals....The sad part is OU will look like Texas's bitch...which may not be a bad thing!!!

We understand, with TU its not about class, or a even cut its about Greed and hating rivals....The sad part is OU will look like Texas's bitch...which may not be a bad thing!!!

No, you don't understand. Stop drinkin' that San Antonio River water and listen up. The next time you're at Memorial Stadium in about, say, 10 years, look around you at all the improvements that will have been made as a result of this move.

College football at this level is strictly a business. Nebraska was (understandably) never happy with its cut. It saw a way to get rid of Texas and at the same time increase its income. Hell, I would have made the same call. Only a fool would not have done so.

Greed? Hating rivals? Wow. Tell TO next time you see him that the money was better in the Big 12 and watch him laugh. And as far as any "hate" is concerned, I have to tell you that I find Nebraska fans, especially those who travel, to be among the best I've ever seen.

There's no hate in Austin, son. Let's see....we can stay in a disintegrating conference or go west for lots of money and the chance to play in LA and the Bay Area. Oh yea, I'd turn that down to go play in Manhattan. :sarcasm

I see you folks are experiencing the same thing my beloved Hogs did, when 'Arkansas killed the SWC'; Texas wastes no opportunity to lay the blame at the feet of others, when it comes to the conferences they have warped to favor them fall apart.

I know you guys would probably join me in telling the Pac-whatever it'll be, to keep their hands on their wallets, if they take in Mexico North.

I see you folks are experiencing the same thing my beloved Hogs did, when 'Arkansas killed the SWC'; Texas wastes no opportunity to lay the blame at the feet of others, when it comes to the conferences they have warped to favor them fall apart.

I know you guys would probably join me in telling the Pac-whatever it'll be, to keep their hands on their wallets, if they take in Mexico North.

Well, at least in LA we won't get liquor bottles thrown at us.

He added that the conference would not rule out carrying on without a conference football title game; N.C.A.A. rules require 12 members for such a game.

“It would be one less obstacle to getting into the national championship,” Beebe said. “I think television value would still be there. I’m not talking about any specific school that would be departing. It would still be an extremely strong conference and player in the national landscape.”

chuckleshuffle

Well, at least in LA we won't get liquor bottles thrown at us.

Look out for the drive-bys.