Welcome from Michigan State

Hello Huskers,

Just wanted to say hello and welcome from the Michigan State fans. This has been quite a crazy time for the B10 and the B12, but getting Univ. of Nebraska was very important for, I'd say, 99% of MSU fans. I think most of us got a pretty good education on the operations of Texas and the CF that they can bring everyone they get involved with. From what we hear, Mizzou and ND are the next obvious targets with ND being the elusive white whale of the Big Ten. After that, look for the B10 to take two of the following...Rutgers, Syracuse, Pitt, Maryland.

I know many of you will have reservations about the Big Ten, many very understandable. One thing to remember is what membership in the B10 & CIC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Committee_on_Institutional_Cooperation) can mean for the Univ. of Nebraska. The Big Ten was formed as an academic conference as much as an athletic conference, rivaled only by the Ivy League.

As for football, I can't say that the Spartans are quite proud of our record against the Big Red...but hopefully we can work on changing that! If any of you want to check out the MSU board - Spartantailgate (RCMB- Spartantailgate.com) we'd love to have you visit.

If you don't have access to the BTNetwork on your cable channel, CALL THEM! Getting the BTN on basic cable on every TV in the nation is the goal and adding a fanbase with the reach of the Husker Nation is the biggest step in that goal.

Once again, if all rumors are true, WELCOME to the B10 and CIC!!! Let me know if you have any questions.

Raoul F-Duke

i can't wiat for us to announce that texas can go fk themselves

lol...I think we agree!

BUT...a new rumor, making it's rounds out of Chicago, is that the B10 has now extended offers to Texas, TAMU, Notre Dame, and Mizzou---though the thought is maybe some members of the B10 have cooled on Mizzou...and go East.

(ps. I like the inappropriate police officer :cop: )

Man, I hope Texas don't go to the Big 10, too...especially if they would end up in the same division as us...but then again it would be fun to kick their sorry butts every season too, and them having no where to hide (behind a conference schedule).

I hope all this goes down as it looks, and Congress and the courts keep their hands off of it. I have already started hearing rumblings though that the US Senate is looking at having hearings if this goes down. Of course Ben Nelson is right smack in the middle of it...

http://www.omaha.com...EWS03/706099921

I'm actually more excited for basketball games against Mich State. Won't be the same though if Izzo leaves...

Ugh---don't get us going right now. The expansion talk is our only distraction in our absolute panic right now :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh

p.s. Can't wait to take my son on a road trip to Lincoln for a fall game. One of the places to see a game before you die.

I'm old enough to remember the NU - Mich St connection. It's Bob Devaney. The coach that raised NU out of the doldrums and put us back on the national scene. He came from Michigan and was recommended by Michigan State's coach. Devaney won 2 National Championships. His most famous quote - "800 million Chinese don't care about Nebraska football." Kinda keeps things in perspectives!!!

One of his line backers was Barry Alverez. You may have hear of him. Wisconsin's Hall of Fame Coach.

I've always thought that NU belongs in the Big 10.

I'm actually more excited for basketball games against Mich State. Won't be the same though if Izzo leaves...

Ugh---don't get us going right now. The expansion talk is our only distraction in our absolute panic right now :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh

p.s. Can't wait to take my son on a road trip to Lincoln for a fall game. One of the places to see a game before you die.

There is nothing like being at a game in Lincoln, especially on a beautiful sunny fall day in September...especially if your a Husker fan. When you grow up in Nebraska, all you dream about is playing for the Huskers. It isn't quite so much like that now as it was when I was a kid. When I was a kid, everything in Nebraska came to a stand still when the Huskers were playing on Saturday afternoon - and everyone was around the TV or radio. Americana at it's best. GBR!

i can't wiat for us to announce that texas can go fk themselves

lol...I think we agree!

BUT...a new rumor, making it's rounds out of Chicago, is that the B10 has now extended offers to Texas, TAMU, Notre Dame, and Mizzou---

I am bumping this rumor, as it appears to have legs.